please could i get some info on olive python enclosure sizes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is she okay to handle?don't know much about olives to be honest.maybe oneday when vinnie moves outta home i can have his bedroom,but otherwise have never been around a snake so big..........(giggles thinking terrible things).or is she like miss scrubby?

She is a pussy cat Sookie .She is an ex demo snake so her placidness was a high priority around kids .

ideally, just go as big as you can. though a 2metre X 1metre X 1Metre is good.

from what joemal has told me Olive is soooo placid and is a lover of attention ever since i have seen Joemal's Olive i have WANTED one but my fiance wont let me cos they are so damn big lol
just got rid of one of my olives cause my missus is worried how big it would get :( super placid and super affectionate.... cuddles you to death :)

mine was super arboreal, i had a bridge in its enclosure and it always climbed up and wrapped around it rather than be on the ground. but that one was only 2and a bit metres, not sure with the big big ones

Well mine used to sit up ontop of the shower screen

Haha, that picture made me laugh. Thats cool, i really want one but its kinda a toss up between an olive or a water and im leaning towards a water because they require soo much less space and dont climb much. But space is a bad reason too choose a snake, i think i would be better waiting a couple of years and then buying the one which i really want.

Haha, that picture made me laugh. Thats cool, i really want one but its kinda a toss up between an olive or a water and im leaning towards a water because they require soo much less space and dont climb much. But space is a bad reason too choose a snake, i think i would be better waiting a couple of years and then buying the one which i really want.

Olive have a better reputation with their temperament .

Olive have a better reputation with their temperament .

not that I've had alot to do with Water pythons Olives are great my two just love been handled. They have separate cages Ones 2.2m x 1m & the others a tad smaller In the process of making a 3m x 1.2m enclosure @ the moment for the 8 yr old shes approx 3.5m long The 5 yr old bit smaller a tad under 3m long Will have to wait till I get a house before they get your treatment Joemal Just no way I could get my wife to allow them in part of our 11m housebus which we live in @ the moIMG_3082.jpg
IMG_3268-1.jpg

Last edited:
not that I've had alot to do with Water pythons Olives are great my two just love been handled. They have separate cages Ones 2.2m x 1m & the others a tad smaller In the process of making a 3m x 1.2m enclosure @ the moment for the 8 yr old shes approx 3.5m long The 5 yr old bit smaller a tad under 3m long Will have to weight till I get a house before they get your treatment Joemal Just no way I could get my wife to allow her in part of our 11m housebus which we live in @ the moView attachment 200092
View attachment 200093

What.... You are in an ideal mobile snake house Cactus2u LOL. 2 nights after i got the Olive we were in bed almost asleep and i heard the ensuite door open .Not paying much attention to it i started to drift off to sleep only to be woken by something flicking at the back of my neck (wasn't the missus) .Turns out the Olive had opened the ensuite door and decided to get into bed with us .She came up behind the headboard and through the pillows and worked her way down between us and stretched out and went to sleep .

Joemal;1956900 i started to drift off to sleep only to be woken by something flicking at the back of my neck (wasn't the missus) .Turns out the Olive had opened the ensuite door and decided to get into bed with us .She came up behind the headboard and through the pillows and worked her way down between us and stretched out and went to sleep .[/QUOTE said:
hahaha yeah when we get our place the housebus will become guest quarters for those that love snakes Could be an Idea take a snake demostration on the road...... Christ I'd be divorced if my girls got out of their enclosures let alone came into our bed . She's not a snake girl nor ever will be .I'm just lucky she allows me my passions tho I do push my luck a bit @times just got 2 big coastals much to her dismay .

With my olive enclosures i don't worry about the height, as in the past i have had branches for them and they very rarely use them, so i just worry about floor space, the male in the pic is in a 2.4m L x 1.2m D x 750mm H, but i plan on upgrading into 3.0m L x 1.2m D x 750mm H once i move.

Nice olives Joemal & cactus2u, gota love a big placid olive.
m olive.......jpg

Ditto Jamesjr Wish ed you lived up my way could use a boy like yours to go with my two girls

This big fella already has his work cut out for him...lol, he has been mating with my two biggest girls over the last two weeks.

View attachment 200064View attachment 200062View attachment 200060View attachment 200059

Simple do what i have done .Give your Olive a bedroom of it's own .Yeah the pics are right she had her own ensuite aswell .

wow, omg, i was just asking on another threat about olives..... she is huge, whats her temperament like ?

What.... You are in an ideal mobile snake house Cactus2u LOL. 2 nights after i got the Olive we were in bed almost asleep and i heard the ensuite door open .Not paying much attention to it i started to drift off to sleep only to be woken by something flicking at the back of my neck (wasn't the missus) .Turns out the Olive had opened the ensuite door and decided to get into bed with us .She came up behind the headboard and through the pillows and worked her way down between us and stretched out and went to sleep .

you sure she wasn't sizing you up lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back