Please help!!!! Darwin carpet sick

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dscot60

Reaction score
Hi guys
i have a pair of Darwin carpet pythons and it seems like that they have a cold is the best way to describe it they breathing funnily and runny noses now before you all say take em to the the vet I have already done that an have injections for them the reason for posting is to see if anyone else has come across the same or similar problem if so ways at was the outcome and what else did you do to fix the problem the last thing I want is to loss my snakes
thanks heaps in advance
Dylaan

Please dont be offended that I am going to suggest searching RI I am doing so because I know there are fantastic threads on the topic and some great advice/tips.... I would search and link you to it but I have a slow connection so you can do it quicker I am meaning to search on here too btw :)

No offence taken I'm on my fone so I'm struggling as it is other wise I would I'll try search it though
cheers

Good to see you have got them on antibiotics straight away. what are your temps at?
Id keep it at about 34 for at least a few weeks to assist them getting better.
RI is a bugger and most patients dont like getting their injections too

Yeah I've got them on a heat mat wit a thermostat at 33 and antibiotics daily just hope I can get ontop of it, the vet said its not contagious in the sense of the word, is that true?

RI's are very contagious.
What is the ambient temp getting down to? Even if you have a 33c hot spot it is important to not let the cool side get down too low,mid 20's would be ideal anything under 20 would be a concern.

Temperature, temperature, temperature.
Never kept Darwins so I hope the other guys will tell me if this is right or wrong for the species.............

Too hot can also create RI. snake needs cool temps as much as they need heat. Without the ability to thermoregulate they lose the ability to fight bacterial infections that naturally occur. If your tank is too small for the animal to move to a favorable temperature range they will rely on you to supply precise temperatures when the need it.

IMO of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back