Please help! i think too humid, but not sure!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seksyjinke

Reaction score
baby did a poo today.. so i decided to change the paper... i was using A4 printing paper.. because i didnt have any papertowls...

after i changed the new layer (this time using paper towels) i was about to chuck the paper out then noticed when i touched it it felt sort've wetish.. like the humidy was very high..

has anyone experienced this before?

i read the book and it says too dry is very bad, but it didnt say anything about too humid..

i will buy a meter tomoro to measure humidity... anyone know what is good and above/below what humidity is harmful??

thank you

The paper would be moist after the snake just crapped, as fluid also comes out.

As long as you provide a water bowl down the cool end and your temps are correct, then you'll have sufficient humidity. If humidity is too high, you'll know by all the moisture/condensation on the inside lid and sides of the tub.

Too dry is not a bad thing. It is prefered that the paper is dry. Damp paper can lead to scale rot or blisters.
Having good humidity doesnt mean wet substrates. Humidity is the measure of water vapours in the air.

Also, use newspaper instead of A4 paper.

Thank you for your reply

i have a tiny bit of condensation on the cooler side of the box near the water...i will make the holes a little bigger tommorrow so it allows better air flow..

in terms of humidity... do you recommend me to get a meter to measure it?

im using paper towels now

Just wipe away any condensation.

I've never used anything to measure the humidity in any of my enclosures. As long as the water bowl is down the cool end, then everything should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back