Please Help to set up Exo terra!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonemad

Reaction score
I have a few questions?
I have ordered a large x tall exo terra enclosure. 90x90x45
My husband is making me a cabinet similar style to the one I have that holds 6 tall exo terra enclosures! ( I feel they are to small for my growing GTP) 60x45x45.
I was already a going set up for chondros when I purchased it, it works fine but I don't want to pull apart this unit, and it is getting older now so would like to update to digital.
What I would like to know is:
1. The yellow shop is selling digital day and night timer thermostats has any one used them?
2. I am running ceramic globes in heat domes would I be best to continue using these or would there be something better?
3. I am running a separate light for viewing.
I plan to do a city run through Xmas holidays as not a lot to choose from here.
This is for 1 exo terra enclosure that will be home for Mowgli
thank you in advance for your advice and I hope this went in right section. Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

More specific :
plan to use larger x tall exo terra 90 x 90 x45cm wide

I would like to use digital Eco tech TC100 thermostat
Q. Has any one used them?

My heating would be large exo terra glow lamp with ceramic heat globe.
Q. Would this be ok to use?

I ask because petshops here in bush only sell one type of thermostat and lucky to sell 1 a year. I don't want to buy something thats has history of breaking down!
Thanks again

avuha9y2.jpg
My 6 enclosures in unit this is same as my hubby is making at the moment its looking good but only holding I x large x tall Exo terra enclosure I love the way all lights and heat is hidden.

nenyqeme.jpg

This was purchased from a guy in Vic for my geckos but didn't suit You can see why I like the idea, and want my larger enclosure similar.

Last edited:
e9a7a5ep.jpg
yqyhy6um.jpg
Just an update!
We are nearly finished unit just needs a back, and thermostat and my tank to complete I'm really happy with the results my viridie handle looks great hubby sprayed frame and handle black then added green sparkles to both that shine when lights are on.

Last edited:
Wow that looks fantastic. I havnt used the day night thermostat but I use heat globes for mine and love them however if I was running larger/multiple set ups I'd probably go for heat mats as their supposed to be better emery consumption alas I havnt really looked into them as I've had no need to as yet however there are a few threads discussing this that you should probably look into to save your self some $$ on your electricity bill..

Wow that looks fantastic. I havnt used the day night thermostat but I use heat globes for mine and love them however if I was running larger/multiple set ups I'd probably go for heat mats as their supposed to be better emery consumption alas I havnt really looked into them as I've had no need to as yet however there are a few threads discussing this that you should probably look into to save your self some $$ on your electricity bill..
Thank you Burneerism poor hubby realizes another snake means another enclosure lol.
I have got heat cord on shelves for hatchies (geckos) thought it could be multi tasks and 1 large exo terra x tall in the open area.

Stick with the cord, mats are crud!
I like the concept you are using with the enclosures too, looks good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick with the cord, mats are crud!
I like the concept you are using with the enclosures too, looks good!

Thank you Grizz
Yep I love heats cords for hatchies, I do own a mat but it stays in cupboard draw, I hate it! I will use heat lamp for large enclosure on top as they are working well for me so far.

are6aty2.jpg
Got my Eco terra. Going fishing with the kids so taking my saw to find so interesting branches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back