Please help, what kind of snake is this one?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow guys nice way to welcome him :rolleyes: he may have found it killed by a pet, you can't accuse him so harshly. It may have been his relative or neighbour who killed it.
ever heard of the saying SHOOT FIRST ask questions later ?...snakeluvver yes he may have not known it wasnt harmful and even in saying so killing any snake is AGAINST the law and ignorance isnt an EXCUSE!! I am glad he has bothered to come on and ask but I see no one has really flamed him at all ,but have expressed their dissapointment in the fact his actions were way over the top ...it seems to me to have been killed by HUMAN not animal ,they usually leave bite marks and broken bones ,,,so snakeluvver just as you have your opinions so do others and you using the roll ya eye emotican doesnt better the attitude it just makes you look foolish ..

If this was a dog forum or a bird or horse and someone got on and showed pics of the animal killed because of ignorance or that they just dont like them all hell would break loose ...but as bloody usual cause its got scales then its a turn the other way attitude by some that call themselves REPTILE LOVERS!

Too right redbelly... this isn't a forum for the unattached observation and identification of dead species lol its a forum for snake owners and appreciators and such a photo should never be warmly welcomed. I think in this case the OP fared well... more permanent members get seriously flamed for a lot less :D

Looks like the shovel that its on was probably used to try and take its head off...

Dont kill em just sweep em away, that way everybody is happy.....

Too right redbelly... this isn't a forum for the unattached observation and identification of dead species lol its a forum for snake owners and appreciators and such a photo should never be warmly welcomed. I think in this case the OP fared well... more permanent members get seriously flamed for a lot less :D

well said RBB, thats true with the flamage giggle i dont feel he got flamed at all if thats flaming to you i guess you never seen the deleted threads then???

as RBB says its expressing disappointment,

would i be made feel welcome if i choped a cats head off with a shovel and asked on a cat forum what type it is this with its cleanly cut head dismembered from its body on a shovel!!! im sure i would have a tonne of abusive messages about it and be flamed to hell and back and probably be even reported to rspca ( cat haters leave this one alone lol)

would i be made feel welcome if i choped a cats head off with a shovel and asked on a cat forum what type it is this with its cleanly cut head dismembered from its body on a shovel!!! im sure i would have a tonne of abusive messages about it and be flamed to hell and back and probably be even reported to rspca ( cat haters leave this one alone lol)

bahahah i'm joining a cat forum as we speak

A very common species around Sydney, and they get smashed by cats and cars, dozens die every night this way, one more dead snake is sad for the individual animal, esp as it's harmless and un-neccessary, but means nothing in the big picture... geez, even it's own parents wouldn't give a hoot... to make good use of it, feed it's corpse to a Kookaburra.

I think we are all just getting sick and tired of been constantly reminded how retarded people are. Dozens of cats and dogs get hit by cars every day, does that make it ok to go around and chop the head of one because it means nothing in the bigger picture or its own parents wouldn't care. NO. These people should be persecuted and prosecuted. And Mattusicko knew deep down in his gizzards when he picked up that shovel to kill an innocent creature was doing the wrong thing.

Working at the reptile park I get so many people come in and try to tell me stories of their last encounter with a 'taipan-cross-scrubby' or a brown that chased them down in a tractor, and of course tell me in excruciating detail how they managed to kill it. I strongly oppose the killing of any reptile of course, and detest the pride some people can find in killing a 2 foot tree snake and running to their mates with the story about the giant yellow-bellied black (no such thing) that they just killed. The hostility toward snakes is primarily due to a lack of public knowledge, which is hardly believable considering the amount of truth available these days. The real problem are those people who can feel manly and tough killing a defenceless animal - and nearly all Australian species aren't dangerous to man. My father used to exterminate feral cats, and every time someone tries to bignote themselves with a snake story he comes out with "oh yeah? well I kill cats for a living." People just need to learn and get some perspective. Maybe the bloke who started this post will have learned from this. It's unfortunate that you had to cop such a cranky reaction, but this really isn't the place for photos like that.

bahahah i'm joining a cat forum as we speak

Ha ha ha, let us know how may pages of nasty there is!

ever heard of the saying SHOOT FIRST ask questions later ?...snakeluvver yes he may have not known it wasnt harmful and even in saying so killing any snake is AGAINST the law and ignorance isnt an EXCUSE!! I am glad he has bothered to come on and ask but I see no one has really flamed him at all ,but have expressed their dissapointment in the fact his actions were way over the top ...it seems to me to have been killed by HUMAN not animal ,they usually leave bite marks and broken bones ,,,so snakeluvver just as you have your opinions so do others and you using the roll ya eye emotican doesnt better the attitude it just makes you look foolish ..

If this was a dog forum or a bird or horse and someone got on and showed pics of the animal killed because of ignorance or that they just dont like them all hell would break loose ...but as bloody usual cause its got scales then its a turn the other way attitude by some that call themselves REPTILE LOVERS!

Its not against the law.

It is a shame that ignorance wins over tolerance. Takes less effort to walk around a snake than it does to find a shovel and kill a snake. My understanding is that it is against the law to kill a protected animal. Pity who ever it was wont be charged.

im pretty sure its a golden crowned snake lucklywe can see the head for that distinctive goldern crown.

red belly are fully black! with a little red underneath on the sides of the underbelly. and a really lite red-cream on the bottem. well if you google red belly black snake belly, you will know what im talking about.

what happend to it?

im pretty sure its a golden crowned snake lucklywe can see the head for that distinctive goldern crown.

red belly are fully black! with a little red underneath on the sides of the underbelly. and a really lite red-cream on the bottem. well if you google red belly black snake belly, you will know what im talking about.

what happend to it?

Bit random with the RBB comparison?? We all know its a golden crowned stated on the first reply. What happened to it is clearly evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back