Please Identify This Little Fella!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy All,
I found this little guy/gal hiding away in the bathroom tonight and was just curious what type of frog he is? I have never seen one like it around the house before. I personally think he is quite a good looking fellow. I was just going to let him go out the backyard but thought i woudl get a decent pic for indientification first.

Thanks all for you help in advance.
Dave

Last edited:
anyone else...and i know its a frog now! (thanks hobbo!:D)

no idea about frogs but maybe a striped marsh frog

thanks da griz and falconboy, are they common at all? do they require any special conditins etc or juts releasing him in the backyard is fine?
Dave

why its a stripey frog...

sorry im no help..

If its a striped marsh frog I think they are one of the most common backyard frogs around. If he was found in your backyard, release him in your backyard. If he is a he, he might hang around calling for a mate. We have one now and again in our birdbath or in our old wheelie bin as the lid is broken and it is 3/4 full of water. Its nice to have them around, unfortunately its not often enough.

our water tank, creeks, and dam are full of green tree fog tadpoles (or so we think) at at our property near warwick and now there has been some rain ther some lovely big gtfs out and about. I love seeing big healthy frogs around. I have let him go in the backyard and hopefully he does well.....thanks fr the id people.
Dave

hobbo - you've done well mate! haha!!

It is def limnodynastes peronii, the Striped Marsh Frog

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

A friend of mine has about 4 million of them jumping around his ponds....... You ought to hear them all when it rains....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back