pm + email etiquette

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsayi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or do others get irritated as well with people either emailing or PMing and not bothering to put their name to it?

You know something along the lines of "hey mate have u got any left how much and where are you at" or "hey send me some pics cause im interested in one"

I dont know maybe Im just getting old and grumpy :|

but their name is up the top....

until i actually see someone in the flesh, and they become "human" i dont tell people my name.
until that point everyone is pixels to me, and to pixels i am "forensick" because "forensick" is a pixel too.

Agreed rams,

On here i use "Donk" but if i ever pm someone i allways introduce myself and use my real name.
Most of the time i leave my ph number aswell.

Donk (AKA someone you dont know, unless we are pm buddies:lol: )

i used to do that both here and on the phone but a guy from here persisted in making me change my ways and now im well behaved and have great etiquette when i remember :)

Rams,
Yes it's a hard world for us 'grumpy old men'.

Personally I hate texting because its so slow and I refuse to fall into bad grammar etc.

Spongie

spongebob... texting is just annoying...
i'm all for phone calls

but online i AM forensick... not "me"
so i don't sign PMs/emails as "me"

I avoid making phonecalls that can be condensed down into a sms but i try not to use 1337speak in my sms's or posts on here, however on msn i do abbreviate alot.

Its not so much to do with abbreviation but more to do with courtesy.When someone contacts you wanting to do business with you the least they can do is put their name to it.

And Bob,perhaps we could form a Grumpy Old Mens Herp Society :lol:

Yeah i hate it Ramsayi.

Its my opinion that if you have a genuine interest in what your pm'ing about, say for instance "hey mate have u got any left how much and where are you at", then you should be showing the person a little respect along the way. Not really by stating your real name but atleast address the person with full sentences and full english. I'm at the stage now where i refuse to respond to those who fail to text a full coherent sentence.

I only use my name for those i know/what to know and trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back