Police Warning - This is not a joke,This is a true story

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AirCooled

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Police Warning - This is not a joke,This is a story

People are R E A L L Y crazy! If you are a female, take heed! If you are male and have a significant female in your life who you care about, whether it's your wife, your girlfriend, your daughter, your sister, your niece, your cousin, your next door neighbor; whomever..............pass this along! Always, "Better safe than sorry!" A man came over and offered his services as a painter to a female putting Fuel in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of courtesy and got in her car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time. Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and realized that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station. She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help. The men drove away but the lady still felt pretty bad for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath. Apparently, there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her. This drug is called ’BURUNDANGA’ and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them. This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards. So take heed and make sure you don’t accept cards at any given time you are alone or from someone on the streets. This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services. PLEASE SEND THIS E-MAIL ALERT TO EVERY FEMALE YOU KNOW!!!! This can be confirmed by your local police .

Last edited:
Burundanga Business Card Drug Warning

So, is there any true to the laced business card warning? Most probably not. Firstly, to have an impact, burundanga must be taken with food or drink or inhaled as a powder. There are unsubstantiated stories that claim that criminals have drugged victims by blowing burundanga into their faces as they unfold a piece of paper that has previously been powdered with the drug. Other reports suggest that burundanga is more commonly administered by adding it to the unwary victim's food or drink.

However, even the more questionable reports do not claim that a victim can be drugged simply by touching something with burundanga on it. The warning suggests that the woman was affected by the drug after simply taking and touching the business card supposedly impregnated with the substance. In reality, it seems vastly improbable that this method of administering the drug would be in any way viable.

lol we are all just awesome. end of story.

Its fake and they been going around for years.. And we dont call them gas stations

I gotta get me some of those cards :D
hoaxes are fun lol

I'm working on a brand of business cards that cause uncontrollable flatulence!

Irony... Person who tells us about the most potent drug in the world used to date rape has avatar luring people with cookies...

My first question when I read this was 'why was the person giving the card not affected'? Was he using a prosthetic hand?

My first question when I read this was 'why was the person giving the card not affected'? Was he using a prosthetic hand?

No, just gloves.... But it's the gas mask that would have given it away for me!

I always have a dilemma with these sorts of things. How should I feel about the person posting it (or generally passing it on)?

Sorry for them because they have been duped. Yet impressed by their willingness to do the right thing and stand up and be counted.

OR

Annoyed that they have the temerity to deliberately forward a hoax, which has the potential to affect hundreds if passed on as suggested. Not everyone is discerning enough to see trhough it. It has the capacity to make young women feel even more vulnerable, uncomfortable and cautious in virtually any social situation. Alternatively, to waste valuable police time answering queries on bogus claims instead of tending to the more urgent issues of policing.

You can call me old fashioned, boring, a dag, a party pooper, crusty, or whatever – but I see nothing funny whatsoever with this sort of hoax. There is nothing clever about. Any idiot could start one. And I am at a total loss to see where the humour comes in.

I shall hop of the soapbox now.

Someone posted a You Tube video of a Grandma asking passer-bys to take a photo of her and her non-existent husband. She pretended to put her arm around him and give him a kiss. Then when the Polaroid photo came out, there he was. The looks on their faces… Now that was a funny hoax!

Blue

Someone posted a You Tube video of a Grandma asking passer-bys to take a photo of her and her non-existent husband. She pretended to put her arm around him and give him a kiss. Then when the Polaroid photo came out, there he was. The looks on their faces… Now that was a funny hoax! Blue

That was me :) I like the hoaxes where nobody gets hurt. You're right about some people not being discerning enough to realise some things are hoaxes. My cousin once got an email saying there was a virus on her computer and that she needed to delete everything on her system... which she did. Unfortunately there are quite a few gullible people around, some I feel sorry for, and some I'm very frustrated by, especially those who always believe rumours about people without question.

Some more food for thought.On the Governments Travel Advice for Columbia, the sixth paragraph under the section 'Crime' states:

Foreigners have been robbed and assaulted after accepting 'spiked' food, drinks, cigarettes, or chewing gum. Thieves have also used chemicals, either by aerosol spray or by paper handouts, to incapacitate travellers. Chemically treated paper can cause unconsciousness, especially if the chemicals contact your face (via your hand). This has occurred on public buses, on city streets and in restaurants and bars. Do not accept food, drinks, or cigarettes from strangers and do not leave food or drinks unattended.

The drug does exist and people do use it for purposes similar to that mentioned in the hoax. However the effectiveness of it through the 'soaked paper' technique is questionable. Still, it is not outside the realm of possibilty.

Although, I'm still trying to decide if the Government is considered to be a credible source or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back