Poll test

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is this what you had in mind, Greebo old boy?

It's a standard part of the posting engine - look down the bottom! :wink:

You could post it as a sticky if you wanted it to stay for a while, and you can set a time limit on the poll. (I've set this test one to 5 days)

Not sure yet, but I think after casting your vote, you can't vote again, and the poll at the top of the screen simply shows you the results so far.

Interestingly, connected to the site using a computer where I was not logged onto APS, i.e. anonymous. When I checked this post, it said "Could not obtain user vote data for this topic". I guess this means that you can't vote unless you are a member? SJ? Any thought?

This is interesting! It allows us to have a private voting section - members only! We could even add a new forum section for such things as the photo comp - one sticky topic per photo, which would allow everyone to vote once only! The poll questions could be the numbers, 1 to 10.

Pretty good stuff, I reckon! This site just keeps getting better! ... and it's been under our noses all this time and we haven't used it! :eek: :oops: We should make more use of it - good suggestions, Greebs! :eek:

Yep David that looks pretty good 8)

If you want straight answers do this - if you want opinions stick it in a normal forum.

David - how many times did you edit that post? I got it about 6 times in my email!

:)

I edited it about 6 times - every time I tried something new, I added it to my post.

Sticky posts stay that way until you or a moderator un-sticky's it. :lol:

Which part exactly is to do with me?
If you read that Breeders Choice post,it had nothing to do with me.

:-(

Oops! Sorry, Mr Greebs sir! Don't know why I thought it was you who suggested it! It must that you are just always on my mind! :oops:

Is it true it only allows one vote?
I think that is the only way to get a good reliable data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back