polyurethane enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapplekitten

Reaction score
hi i was wondering if its safe to keep a boyds forest dragon in a polyurethane enclosure or does it have to be wooden?

Hi Julia or damian?
A little more info on dimensions etc would probably help in deciding if it's OK. Do you have a pic of the enclosure you want to use?
Boydii's are predominatry arboreal, so height is preferable, although I have successfully kept my juveniles in an aquarium until recently when I built a large enclosure for them...do a search on Boyds Forest Dragon Enclosures you will find a step by step set up I posted...
Anyhoo, get back with a pic and we can give some advice...
Cheers
Scott.

Juliedamian - What material you make it out of makes little difference - some materials hold heat better than others - but with the right tweeking all can be made to work...

I would choose a glass or plastic enclosure over timber for Boydii as it means there will NEVER be an issue with moisture from the high humidity...

Juliedamian - What material you make it out of makes little difference - some materials hold heat better than others - but with the right tweeking all can be made to work...

I would choose a glass or plastic enclosure over timber for Boydii as it means there will NEVER be an issue with moisture from the high humidity...
Exactly!

ok thanks

actually southside i saw your new enclosure and thats whats given me the idea i'll post the link. at the moment its a tv cabinet on ebay but it looks alot to me like your style of enclosure so i was thinkin i could add glass as the viewing area and turn it into an enclosure. what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...m=270230244588&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

i loved your enclosure it is awsome!

thanks
julie

WHOA Julie,
I'm glad I had some inspiration, that's a hell of alot better "base" enclosure that I was going to start with and thanks for ther kind words! I have actually made my guys enclosure even better! once you finish it, you procrastinate...look at it and improve, so i'll actually post some updated pics soon.
Your one's pretty funky hey, love it!!! Remove the intermediate shelves and you have yourself a good size enclosure.
Go for it, as much as an unreal job Dickyknee did on my enclosure and it was cheap in the end and taking into consideration he built from scratch, that's the sh**, i'd buy it!!
It's always rewarding having done most of the work yourself, i reckon "Buy it Now" Julie.
If you need any tips or advice, PM me and i'll try and help!
Hope to see your pics of the enclosure being built!
keep us all updated or atleast me..LOL
Regards
Scott.

Last edited:
Julie - Once that thing has a paint job :)D)it will be an amazing looking enclosure...

...make sure you keep us updated...

cool!! thanks for the help!!

i'll keep yous updated.. it'll probably be a long work in progress though. i dont even have the boyds yet i wanted to get the enclosure first. if you know of anyone selling them can you let me know, (other then toad) im after a sub adult pair or at least a male.

i really appreciate the advice, thanks a bunch!!! :)

cant wait to see the newest photos of your enclosure.. did you get it in the magazine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back