Poor Dead Juice...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Two days ago, my centipede Juice (posted here ages ago) attacked, killed and ate a huge cricket. He was fine, and then today I found him listless and lying around. Usually if disturbed he thrashed around and ran alot.. but when disturbed today he just didn't have it in him. He swung his head a little and feebly moved his legs... I tried to put him in the moist sphagnum moss with my forceps in case he was dehydrated, but he fell on his back and didn't move. I gave him a spray and left him, and when I checked 10 minutes ago, he was most definitely dead. He's in my garden now... :cry:
Wish I knew what went wrong...

poor old juice RIP

its hard to say especialy when ive never kept centepedes LOL was it a wild cricket?if a cricket had something in its system it had ingested

Aww Phil Im sorry :( Is it possible for Centipedes to get impacted? maybe the cricket was sick? maybe it had some kind of poison on it?

Two days ago, my centipede Juice (posted here ages ago) attacked, killed and ate a huge cricket. He was fine, and then today I found him listless and lying around. Usually if disturbed he thrashed around and ran alot.. but when disturbed today he just didn't have it in him. He swung his head a little and feebly moved his legs... I tried to put him in the moist sphagnum moss with my forceps in case he was dehydrated, but he fell on his back and didn't move. I gave him a spray and left him, and when I checked 10 minutes ago, he was most definitely dead. He's in my garden now... :cry:
Wish I knew what went wrong...

RIP Juice

Hmm no cricket was just a regular store bought cricket...

He was an adult male though, apparently.. so maybe he just ran out?

awwww philk : (

you have others though, dont you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back