poor lizard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon

Reaction score
my dog killd another lizard :-(does anybody know how to make her be friends with lizards?

It would depend on the dog, some dogs will learn by simply telling them not to with others you might need one of those electric shock collars or similar training device.
Also "you cant teach an old dog new tricks" so if its an older dog it will probably be very hard to do.

aww she always plays with them till they die :-( shes old golden retrever x kelpie

that should be pretty easy to train if it is under two, when you see it play make a loud noice or something to distact it that it doesn't like and do that everytime you see it playing with them. You have to be persistant.
Pav

a mate of my mums had chooks and his dogs kept chasing them and attacking them, he told her he belts the chook across their nose and they stop, youd think thats be cruel, but he swears by it
kylie

I have bred dogs for yrs - Once they start killing they generally don't stop. Mine became chook killers. I tried everything. I had a fully fenced yard and they used to dig under the fence to get to the chooks. Somebody told me to tie the dead chook around the dogs neck and let it drag it around with it. Tried it and a lot of other things didn't work. It's the thrill of the kill for them.

i dont see it grrr shes a naughty dogie an i tell her why dont u come get all the lizards

i dont no wat a komodo is... an no i found the almost dead lizzy why would i watch her kill a lizzy

I've bread bulldogs for a couple of years now and owned many other dogs, I suggest get a spray bottle and put some citronella (sorry about spelling) diluted with water in it, strong enough so it smells bad but not to strong to sting there eye's etc. Go out in the yard with a plasitc lizard you could use a real one but you don't wont to take the chance, anyway tie a peice of string on the lizard and get her out there with it and pull it along as if it was real so to grab her attention, make the string long enough though that your not standing right beside it and it dosn't look as if your the one moveing it, even if you can get someone else to do this it will be a bit easier, everytime she goes for the lizard spray her preferably around the mouth and nose area with the mixutre in the spray bottle, she will hate it and the smell will stay on her nose for a while, if she continue's to do it continue to spray, also use a deep cranky voice at the same time and say Bad girl or boy whichever it may be, this may sound strange but does works, dogs arn't stupid and they soon will realise why there getting that yucky stuff in there face, it's not going to permenatly stop her just after one go so do it a couple of days for a couple of weeks until when you do take the lizard out she'll leave it alone. At the end of the day dogs are curious critters and like to chase things that move around and look threatning, all you can do is teach her it's not accepted.

i dont no wat a komodo is... an no i found the almost dead lizzy why would i watch her kill a lizzy

Heres a pic of one i just found doing a google search ;)
Poor doggy might just come off second best:p

Attachments

• dragon.jpg
    dragon.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back