Portable indoor pit solution

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LippyM

Not so new Member
Reaction score
We’ve recently moved interstate and sold our house where we used to have a room set up for our bluetongues and shinglebacks rather than in tanks.

As we’re renting now till we find a place to buy we wanted them to be able to continue to have a decent area to roam (it’s hard getting a lizard back in a tank when they’ve had a room!)

So we bought this wading pool on ebay for about $170. It’s 2.4m diameter and 50cm high and I have 4 lizards in there but you could easily have more. I would have a couple more in there but they don’t play nicely with the others.

I’ve just got a substrate of softfall and sand but anything would work. The sandy texture means scooping out poo is easy.

Just an idea for anyone else looking for an indoor solution. They've been in there 4 weeks now and while it's not the same as the room they had it's better than a 4 foot tank. Just needs a few more rocks and logs and climbing things

indoor tank.jpg

cool, wonder if this could be a solution to get mine outside for some natural sun every so often. Wonder if it would work with a Stimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back