possible woma shedding problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nless01

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all
have a woma that i'm a little worried about he went through the cloudy eye stage twice over the last four weeks with still no shed i mist the enclosure once a day since i first noticed the start { milky eyes } have had him to the vet Dr Rickman here in south aus and was given the all clear health wise but over the last couple of days have noticed what appears to be some sort of swelling where the skull meets the neck he does not show any signs of being in pain when i touch this area and there doesn't seem to be any kind of mass it feels like just lose skin i was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts to what this may be and yes the vet is booked to see him again on monday cheers tony
p.s tried to post pics but having problems doing so

If it has gone through the cloudy eyed stage twice, and the eyes have completely cleared, then i would give it a long soak in warm water and then try to work the skin off my self. Start at the chin/snout and carefully rub the skin backwards, hopefully it will come away easily and the snake can be allowed to do the rest. Be aware that 2 layers of skin may come off, but it will actually feel like one thick skin. Once the skin is off tear it to see if there is one skin inside the other.

I'd expect any swelling to disappear after shedding.

to all those that have an interest he shed to day and as state there were two skins vet check him out today and i was told that it does happen fron time to time with woma's and possible cause to humidity to low i have been able to keep around 70% but i will try to get higher with next shed and it was shed in one piece sorry no pictures unsure how to
cheers tony

Womas often look swollen around the head and neck when coming up to shed, it's normal. I have never had a problem with them shedding, always in one piece with very low humidity. Keep an eye on it next time when it is coming up to shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back