Post a pic of your blonde!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
repitles736.jpg

What size enclosure do you have, and what type of heat source do you use?
Well my A.maculosa is in an 3 foot long enclosure exactly the same style as in the pic above. He is on red desert sand with a fake rock hide, water bowl, 2 flat bits of sandstone and a branch. The enclosure is heated via a heatmat and i use an overhead 3foot UV fluoro for lighting.

The woma's Enclosure, which is just in the finishing stage, is 1800x800x700(in mm) or 6x2.6x2.2 (in feet). It has 2 fake rock hide (cool and hot end) and large fake rock water bowl, red desert sand. It has 2 4 foot overhead UV Fluoro's (1 standard and 1 blacknight for night) and 2 heat globe fittings. In the heat globe fittings i have 1 Reptilglo basking light and 1 Ceramic heater (for night). I will also be testing the heat gradient once it's finished and if it's not hot enough and too cool at one end then i will be running a heatmat aswell to help get the gradient right (due to the enclosure length). This also has red desert sand in it.

Do Woma's need UV lighting?
Generally the answer is no as the Woma is a crepuscular/nocturnal species and will therefore usually be hiding while the sun is out. With that said however, it would not hurt to provide them with UV if you like and can only benefit the health/wellbeing of the snake. It definately won't be detrimental to its health.

If you were after the light that would help stimulate nocturnal activity and provide UV heat then you could look for NEC 10 blacklight Fluoros. We can get them over here and they are an ultraviolet light (blacklight) and also gives off UV light so you get the benefit of watching them at night and providing them with some UV.

Here a link to a small post about them

http://www.aussiepythons.com/showthread.php?t=46222&highlight=NEC10

and a good link on the use of UV light in general with some good info on the NEC 10's

http://www.aussiepythons.com/showthread.php?t=54778&page=2&highlight=NEC10

Cheers,
Josh =0)

Female, will get pics of the male later.

Attachments

• fmac1.JPG
    fmac1.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 32
  • fmac2.JPG
    fmac2.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 32
Would love to see pics of your blondes...very interested in colour variation and pattern in these little guys...

These two are both from Ad on this site, both beautiful animals, but both quite different. The male has pale honey tones and brown markings, the female is incredibly pale, with almost black markings.

Hi Saz

Check out 'gold&black' blondes. Probably the best around!

OK, now don't shoot me down but does anyone think the term blonde is thrown around too much? Does the term blonde refer to a specific locale or is it just based on background colouration?

This guy is just a regular spotted but if the pics in this thread are anything to go by you could say he's pretty close to being a blonde.

Attachments

• bend5.jpg
    bend5.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 43
From what I understood, you have your general Macs which are darker brown in base colouration, which ranges in intensity as well, and your blondes which can range anywhere from an almost white, to a creamy yellow, to a full blown 'honey' or 'gold' yellow. They're all different variations nothing is set in stone about it.

As far as I know there isn't a specific 'locale' for them, it's all base colourations. Someone who knows a little more about it than me could probably define it better.

Last edited:
I've always believed true blonde macs are a variety of maculosa from Cape Yorke Peninsula. Thats where mine originate from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back