post pics of ur parrots

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DA_GRIZ

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all

i have had a indain ring necked now for almost 2months and would like to get some more parrots just wondering if u can show me some pics of ur parrots and how much they cost

cheers matt

I have two ecletus parrots, the male is green and the female is red. they range in price from $650 to $1000 each depending on tameness, age and breeding.
They are my babies
girlycropped.jpg

eccycropped.jpg

wow they are stunning the ppl i got my irn from had 2 the same colours

very pretty birds T4, but don't they make a lil bit of noise?

cheers

enjoy

Try cockatiels. They are easy to breed and handraise. They also make excellent pets. Do you have aviaries? If you do then get parrots that will get along ie Princess, cockatiel, Regents, Bourkes and kings will all live happily together in a large aviary. Rosella need separate aviary as do Mulgas, IRN, Red rumps and lovebirds. Prices vary state to state. Check your newspaper. Sorry I dont have any pics. Will get some 2morro.

They are only noisy when they are upset. Better than watchdogs, let you know whats happening about the place.
And when they are cranky they let you know, but they dont screech like some birds, which can go straight through you.

They are only noisy when they are upset. Better than watchdogs, let you know whats happening about the place.
And when they are cranky they let you know, but they dont screech like some birds, which can go straight through you.

Eckies? Quiet? Only loud when upset? I beg to differ, mine doesn't shut up. Come to think of it his morning routine is wake everyone in the house up when he gets up... I highly doubt he's constantly upset and or angry... maybe I don't know what i'm talking about? i've only had a lot of dealings with eckies and they are wreched birds, very loud. Maybe you got lucky...

Also your male doesn't look as shiney or colouful (his colours aren't as intense as they probably should be) is he still young? Every eckie i've dealt with have much more intense colours. Heres a pic of the only one i have at the momnet (sadly). But noe the less.. it's a pic :p

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0198.jpg
    tn_IMG_0198.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 71
No ozzie parrot is quiet .:shock: We are woken every morning by a LOUD chorus from Georgia, a sulphur crested, Elmo, a killer corella :evil: [ he doesnt like pigeons.. bites their legs off! ] and Corky, a galah. They are inside at night and out in the day. Add the 15 or so aviaries outside and you have noise. And they are just saying good morning!!! :rolleyes: Quiet parrots!!!:lol::lol: No such thing Im afraid!!!!;):lol::lol:

nice ecky snow.

i was talking to dad last night about getting a sulfar cocky. are they good pets?

nice ecky snow.

i was talking to dad last night about getting a sulfar cocky. are they good pets?

Yes and No... Depending on when you get it, if you hvae intentions of hand rearing... you could have sleepless nights, one of mine started to regress and wouldn't eat at all... took a lot of time to feed him 50mls at a time they aren't as prone to it as other speices of brids such as eckies and alexandrines but it can happen an be a hard time on both the bird and you if you don't know what your doing... If you get one thats allready full sizze (they reach full size very young) then you take the risk of not knowing the exact age. And they'd be more aggressive, if you can get a hand reared hand tame baby thats weaned it's likly it'll be a great pet.

what snow said, but also make sure it comes with a vet certificate and has been tested for beak and feather.

: Quiet parrots!!!:lol::lol: No such thing Im afraid!!!!;):lol::lol:

What about Bourke's? Even when they're upset (like they're in pain, or you've just caught one), it's still only a a quiet scream. Most of the time the only sound theyt make are those pleasant little twitterings. I've had Diamond Doves and King Quail louder than Bourke's.

:p

Hix

I did not include Bourkes, Scarlets, Turquoisines,Elegants or Bluewings.True they are quiet & wonderful birds, highly underrated IMO. I was refferring to the larger, more commonly kept "pets".:D

Here's a pic of my scaley breasted lorikeet Kermit..

Looking a bit worse for wear as he got attacked when he was out one day and lost all his feathers on his head and the use of one eye...

Ben

Attachments

• kermit.jpg
    kermit.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 91
That photo of the male was taken when he was less than a year old. Im not that partial to that photo myself, the lighting may have been wrong in a dimmly lit room. He is actually a beautiful colour and very healthy, both my birds are. Yes they can be noisy, but i guess its like a barking dog, some are noisy yappers and some are not.
I find ours happy, maybe due to the fact they have a flight avairy about a quarter the size of most peoples back yard to live in.. Why sqaurk when your happy?

I can't say from Personal experience but a close friend breeds NZ Kakariki parrots which seem to be easily looked after. They aren't a large species either, very colourful and are relatively cheap if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back