post pics of your water dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi morelia matt,just curious as to how those two boys get on,they seem fine eating together,ive found mine just want to fight so have seperated them,did u raise them together from hatchies?
nice cage and pics to everyone

oh and u shouldnt keep beardies with them,it will stress the beardies or the wateries and they can nip and try to eat each other as well,plus they r from totally different environments anyway,definatly seperate them

hi morelia matt,just curious as to how those two boys get on,they seem fine eating together,ive found mine just want to fight so have seperated them,did u raise them together from hatchies?
nice cage and pics to everyone

hey richard,

yes i raised them from hatchies together.... i wont say i have never had a problem..... when they were young.... probably 6 months to a year the bigger one was picking on the smaller one, so he is missing a few cms of tail.
i had to put in a cardboard divider down the middle of the 3ft tank i had them in.... but then the smaller one kept getting under it and bunking up with the bigger one so i removed it and told him it was his own fault if he got bitten and it never happened again! lol

so since then to now i have not had an issue!

do you have a female aswell? that will cause issues!

i want to get 3 or 4 females for my boys but i really dont want them to fight, so im not game enough!

richard as i said before they where only in there for the weekend as i needed there enclosure

oh and u shouldnt keep beardies with them,it will stress the beardies or the wateries and they can nip and try to eat each other as well,plus they r from totally different environments anyway,definatly seperate them

i have been keeping one of my water dragons with 2 beardies for quite a long time now. and no one has ever bitten off anyones limbs or fought. they all bask together, eat together, and sleep together. and as far as different enviroments are concerned. did u make that up??? i live in SE qld and i have seen water dragons and beardies basking together in the sun all the time.

index.cfm

Not mine but it is one that i took a pic of out in the wild, down near minnamurra

they get them in minnamurra i might have to go looking

They Sure do......Here is the proof!!!

This is the pic that should have posted up top but hasn't for some reason?

EasternWaterDragonPyhsignathuslesue.jpg

hi matt,yeah have a couple of females with them,i only have 1 male in each section now,1 adult eastern with 2 females and same with the gippies,i sold the other male eastern,but i have a young one i have raised from there first clutch a couple of years ago and a few of last years and this years babies,but there kept inside at the moment,wont be joining the groups out doors,they will get there own pits,nice set up by the way matt,and great looking pair of fellas as well

hi melgalea,im talking juvies,they grow at different rates and indoors theres always the chance of them nipping at each other,and im assuming central beardies,outdoors adults will be fine as i put mine together over summer,wateries r out all year but not beardies,but from personal experience ,juvies together is a no no,especially in side
just my 2 cents
ive seen the results and wont b doing it again
:)

Some.

Attachments

• 100_0849.jpg
    100_0849.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0832.jpg
    100_0832.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0855.jpg
    100_0855.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_0822.jpg
    100_0822.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 117
nice ewd there serpent tongue r they yours

nice watery,s serp,cant wait to take pics of my old war horse in the morning,hope the weather is ok,big fella will be out still anyways,how r the lacies liking the outdoor set up to by the way,i need to get mine out come spring

The Laceys are doing well. They've turned a bit wild on me and race off when i try to feed them. I have to leave food in the enclosure and walk away so unfortunately i cant see if both Laceys are getting an equal fill of food. Besides that, they're good and are getting along fine.

yeah 2 of my gippslands do that,but if i sit and watch the eventually come out,i cant move though,lol,im looking forward to see how my lacies go,they will come around though

heres my outside set up,originally 6 metres by 4 metres but i have divided it down the middle to house easterns on one side and gippies on the other

Attachments

• P4210291 (Large) (Small).JPG
    P4210291 (Large) (Small).JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 39
  • P4210293 (Large).JPG
    P4210293 (Large).JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 46
  • P4210294 (Small).JPG
    P4210294 (Small).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 46
  • P4210295 (Small).JPG
    P4210295 (Small).JPG