power failure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: power failure

On a tangent to the topic, I noticed the other day Bunnings have some GMC generators at what I thought were fairly decent prices (only a couple hundred dollars). Petrol driven and last for about 6 - 8 hours, if I remember correctly.

:p

Hix

Re: RE: power failure

hugsta said:
My wife forgot to open the air vent on the side to allow the heat to get out...

Time for a trade-in, Daz.

Hix

yeah hixster those gennies are good value, only problem being is that you have to be home to start them. I am going to look into installing an inverter system with an auto changeover switch for my incubator and some of the enclosures.

Yeah i have 1 of those generators they advertised them at autobarn a few weeks ago for $99 i paid $250 for mine . :(

I wonder how well an inverter and some deep cycle batteries would work just for the incubator ?

Another option is to run your incubator on 12V.
Run it off a battery bank that is always on charge and you should get a day or two running out of it if the power goes off.
It also makes all that home made wiring legal :)

hugsta wrote:

My wife forgot to open the air vent on the side to allow the heat to get out...

Time for a trade-in, Daz.

Hix

Trade in on the incubator or on the missus Hix!!!!! LMAO

What do you think Huggy? :twisted:

Hix

Boys you are getting me riled... what law is their that says when you guys are at work suddenly the missuss have to check the heat of the reps etc... BUT if she wants to handle them or feed them while you are at work you would go ballistic... (ask Dobermanmick where that came from?) So stop blaming the missuss and set up a self operating environment properly... lol I have vented... read this well hubby...

Boys you are getting me riled... what law is their that says when you guys are at work suddenly the missuss have to check the heat of the reps etc... BUT if she wants to handle them or feed them while you are at work you would go ballistic... (ask Dobermanmick where that came from?) So stop blaming the missuss and set up a self operating environment properly... lol I have vented... read this well hubby...

Sorry snakegirl but my missus won't go anywhere near my reptiles. :( If only she would, I would have so much less cleaning to do. Muhahahaha :twisted: :wink:

I only have one snake I can hold during the day but I have to check the temp, move towels over vents etc everyday including being rung up because he's worried about one of them cause he forgot to do it... I dont really mind but funny how we always get blamed when something goes wrong... oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back