preg blueies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
just wondering how fat common bluies get when pregnant? also how old before you allow them to mate? could someone post a pic or two of preg bluey?

hi,
my easterns bred at 2 years, but i've been told if they grow well it is possible for them to breed at 12 months, sorry i haven't got any pics of my preg girls, but you will know they are as they can get very big,

Thnx Baz, my girl is quite large now and has been housed with the male, shes looking a bit bulky lately, i just wondered. Shes not as wide as the ones in the clip though. Whats the average litter?

hey dan heres a coupla my girls both preggus,the big one died with 28 bubs in her & the lil one had 13 bubs which id say is roughly avrge.
big_mumma_bandit_both_gravid.jpg

cheers popp
P.s I rang vets bout bluies having birth problems & was told there was no reported cases,so if your bluie looks like there having a hard time dont hesitate to go to vets cause a csection coulda saved mum & bubs.

There are cases of blue tongues having trouble giving birth. One case I know of involved a western blue tongue kept at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre.

hi,
1 of my girls had trouble, she had 5 ok and the 6th was born dead, the 7th took ages and came out backwards, as i wasn't home mum had to give it the kiss of life, it survived for about 1 week before passing on to bluey heaven, my girl did have an 8th baby and it was born normal, the 6 good ones have grown normally with 4 finding new homes and 2 deciding they wanted to stay home,

regards,
steve.......

Thanks for info all, I appreciate it. Not sure if she is preggers Popp, trouble is I have no idea if/when the deed may have been done, so no idea weather/when to expect birth if she is. how long is blue gestation? I will definatly get her to the vet if I discover anything that dosent seem right!
This would be my first captive breeding if she is. Thank gott for APS! :D
P.s She dosent look quite as bulky as your girls there Popp, could be just healthy condition and wishful thinking, But then I dont watch them 24/7

hi instar,
mating season starts about july to august, they give birth around nov to feb, but thats in nth qld, hope this helps,

cheers,
steve.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back