Pregnant turtle found with limbs hacked off.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats horrible :( its shameful and wrong and completely sickening. i hate people, prefer my animals!

Absolutely disgusting and unbelievable that people do these kinds of things to animals..

Don't think I'll say what I'd like to do to any animal abuser, would probably get banned from the forum :|

I hope Karma will get them back..

thats is so fricken sick i wish i could do that to the people who did this to her and by the sounds of it she was an old girl with a tummy full of eggs if i ever seen that happening to the poor little things id have a go at them for sure this type of stuff gets me realy worked up

That is just so disgusting, unfortunately I can't agree with those who say "I can't believe anyone can do something like that". I have no problem believing it and have seen people do the most disgusting things to animals. As far as I'm concerned those responsible should be locked up for ever because anyone capable of that sort of thing shouldn't be walking the streets. Of course all they actually need in todays world is a bit of counselling.

Thats the traditional way of killing turtles in Aboriginal culture (torres straight).

In some communities, cultural beliefs are said to prohibit the stunning or killing of the turtle prior to butchering. The turtle must be conscious at the time of butchering to ensure its spirit is returned to the sea, thus ensuring replenishment of the waters in the future.[47] Butchering is therefore done while the animal is still alive and commences with the severing of the front flippers at the shoulder joints to avoid injury to the butcher. Then the hind legs are cut, followed by an incision to lift the plastron. The animal dies at some time during the butchering.

-http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/JCULRev/2004/8.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back