Previous tenant leaves snake behind.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrasse

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
http://www.nbc4.com/news/15710905/detail.html

GLEN BURNIE, Md. --
A pet owner apparently left behind a large snake when moving out, leaving the animal to be discovered by a new tenant, authorities said.

Animal control officers were dispatched to an apartment in the 8000 block of Green Orchard Road in Glen Burnie on the report of a snake inside.

Upon arrival, the tenant told officers that she was watching TV when she spotted a large black and brown snake behind the television stand.
activity;src=961211;met=1;v=1;pid=19109453;aid=189515524;ko=0;cid=24877934;rid=24895787;rv=2;&timestamp=5890272;eid1=9;ecn1=1;etm1=0;

An animal control officer entered the apartment and discovered the snake in the living room.

The snake was then transported to an animal control facility.

Officials said the tenant said she had only been living in the apartment for a few months and does not own a snake. Therefore, authorities determined the snake must have been left behind by a previous tenant.

The snake will remain at the animal control facility for five days -- enough time, officials said, to give the owner a chance to claim it. If the owner does not claim the animal, the snake will be sent to a rescue mission.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fancy being stupid enough to move out and leave a snake behind. Wouldn't that make a great unexpected bonus find. :D

hehehe

Typical of a media beat up.

Lets put the facts:
Tenet does not own a snake
Tenet was living there for 2 months
The property is an apartment (House with living room, bedroom and bathroom).
Snake was described as a large black and brown snake

I am not sure about you – but it would not take me 2 moths to find a “Large black and brown” snake moving around my home. I very much doubt the snake was of previous owner – but instead someone has released it into her apartment as a joke.

Humans are disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly can't imagine leaving behind one of my beautiful babies, i don't know how on earth people like this can call themselves animal lovers, and then forget such a beautiful creature. Truly disgusting.

Your right tho Wrasse, I sure would be happy to move into a house with bonus snakes :p

<snip>
I am not sure about you – but it would not take me 2 moths to find a “Large black and brown” snake moving around my home. I very much doubt the snake was of previous owner –<snip>

Absolutely right, it wouldn't take that long to find a lost snake. :)

YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED WHERE SNAKES CAN HIDE ..........................never under estimate what a reptile can do lol

funny thing is that the same sort of thing happend to my partner a few years ago one of his small snakes managed to escape some how and he never found it again, he always said that he wonders if its poped up and scared any of the new tenants lol

funny thing is that the same sort of thing happend to my partner a few years ago one of his small snakes managed to escape some how and he never found it again, he always said that he wonders if its poped up and scared any of the new tenants lol

I was thinking along those lines! How many people here have lost snakes and not found them until a few years later. ;)

It could have been lost and after searching for ages, they gave up and figured it was gone for good, only to be found by the new tenant.

mind you, exactly how many of us have lost a snake and never told a soul ;) a lot more than you'd imagine I bet!

If that is the Boa in the pic, it doesn't look like it has missed any feeds for a couple of months....

Ive picked up turtles and lizards as well as snakes after calls from real estate agents.

I don't know anyone (snake lover) that would leave a large snake behind.
once they are setup there not very expencive to look after
its not like they bark at the neighbours
he could have sold it being a large snake it could breed as well.
its also probaly cost him a heap to buy and setup.
?????

Last edited:
I don't know anyone (snake lover) that would leave a large snake behind.
once they are setup there not very expencive to look after
its not like they bark at the neighbours
he could have sold it being a larg snake i could breed as well.
?????
reptiles are cheap in the usa so as such they attract a lot of idiots that buy them just to look cool.

A friend of my g/f's in America works at there version of the rspca and had a call to come and collect a red tailed boa.
The tenants had left her behind in the basement and refused to come and collect it.
The animal had to be put down as ot had the worst case of canker she had seen and it had travelled to her lungs and part of her jaw had collapsed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back