Price of baby Beardies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakereef

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all, thinking of getting a young Beardie. A pet shop in Rocky is selling them for $70 each and they were born on Dec1st. They are only tiny little blokes, is this price over inflated? or is it better to get one from a local breeder?....Thanks Scott

Local breeders have them starting from about $30 up to $100 for a good colour morph.

The Beardies in the Rocky shop were called "Northern Bearded Dragons" .There was one quite large one on display as well and he was a very yellowy orange colour especially around the head ,neck and back. He sure was handsome,by the sound of it their colour must vary a lot according to their locality /area...Scott

Wouldn't go by what else they had in the shop especially if it was of a different age as they would source them from all over the place. Best bet is to get one from a breeder, you will get much better advice and follow up care and they should let you inspect the parents which will give you an idea of the colour to expect from the bubs. Will also be much cheaper.

yer, i recommend going to a breeder, but i still dont think that is a bad price for some. i have seen them going for a lot more then that. goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back