Pygmy Bearded Dragon Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigsnakes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I want to get my first Bearded dragon and was wondering weather a Pygmy Beardy would fit as a full grown adult in a 3 foot enclosure? Also is there much of a difference between a Pygmy and a normal beardy? Or is it just the difference in size? Appreciate any help!

Hey buddy. I have my female beardy in a 3 foot tank. It is a great size tank for these animals. Pygmy have the same temperament as normal beardies but onlny grow to 25cm long head to tail. They also have a slightly different markings but essentially yes they are very similar.

Thanks for the reply! So your female is fully grown and has no trouble in a 3 footer? I am trying to decide which way to go, I think it will depend on the size enclosure I can get.. been searching around like a mad man. 3 foot enclosures seem to be a bit more popular tho so its likely I will go for a nice little pygmy.

yeah mate 3 footer is perfect. The minimum size for a "normal" bearded dragon is a 3 footer. So putting a pygmy in this sized enclosure is awesome for her.

Ok sweet thanks for all the help :) I am going to go pick it all up tomorrow! Pretty excited!

awesome!. If you need anything else just ask mate! How exciting

i had 2 pygmys in a 4ft tank, and there was way to much room. 3ft is perfect

Beardies rock,big or small,male or female,they simply just rock!!!!they may be little to look at,but they think they are huge and scary.

I started a thread an hour ago saying if it's alright to put a beardie into a 3 foot, and they said I shouldn't. But is your one alright?:?

Thanks for the reply! So your female is fully grown and has no trouble in a 3 footer? I am trying to decide which way to go, I think it will depend on the size enclosure I can get.. been searching around like a mad man. 3 foot enclosures seem to be a bit more popular tho so its likely I will go for a nice little pygmy.

If you're anywhere near mt gravatt, try pet city... I got a 3 foot tank for our blue tongue for $40... then just bought a $25 mesh enclosure top and I had myself a new enclosure :)

I started a thread an hour ago saying if it's alright to put a beardie into a 3 foot, and they said I shouldn't. But is your one alright?:?

he's talking about pygmy beardies... they only grow to about 20ish centimeters, so a 3 foot tank is fine...

However, normal beardies grow to about 40-50ish centimeters, so they need more room and a larger cage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back