Pygmy bearded dragon "hiding"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazycow232

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I got my pygmy bearde dragon about 5 momths ago. He has grwon alot and put on a lot of weight. He is eating well except for when he is shedding, he dosent eat as much. Hes eating his veggies very often ( hes 6 months old). He has a basking spot of 38 degrees and a the cold end about room temp. He gets roaches in the morning with bokchoy, Brocalli cut up (the tree part) and beans occasionally some fruit. He handles well and eats in the afternoon again.

For the last few weeks, when i get home from school at about 3:30 to 4:30 he is sometimes hiding half asleep in the corner. He will aslo sometimes do the same thing but at 5:30, on hour before his lights go off. HE is not as interested in his food aswell (e.g sprinting off his rock as soon as he sees them)

Is this anything i should be worried about, is it normal.

Thanks for the help guys. Just read that we have over 2 million posts. :)

Thanks Elliot

I'm in NSW not sure where you are. When I had them I found that even if I didn't cool my Pygmy's over Winter but they seemed to sense the cooler temperatures and always slowed down a bit. They wouldn't eat as much and spent more time sleeping/hiding. So I wouldn't worry too much he should be fine.

I am in sydney also mate. Steve is correct. Nothing to worry about they are just slowing down a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back