pygmy bearded dragons scientific name

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bk201

Reaction score
ive been reading some stuf and am confused to which dragon is the pygmy beardy some for sale are listen as pogona minor minor and some are under pogona henrylawsoni
so which one is the pygmy beardy and is there much difference between them>?

Pogona henrylawsoni is the pygmy bearded dragon and Pogona minor minor is the dwarf bearded dragon. Pygmy beardies are a more robust lizard than the dwarf/western beardy which is a slender dragon with a longer tail and head than the pygmy. I believe pygmy beardies are a fair bit cheaper and easier to obtain as well.

Pygmy beardies are a more robust lizard than the dwarf/western beardy which is a slender dragon with a longer tail and head than the pygmy.

Can you elaborate on how they are more 'robust' than Pygmys other than Dwarfs being more slender? I'd like to know myself.

pogona henrylawsoni is pogona brevis now isnt it,and there solider in build,like little sumos ,lol i think they meant,kind of like comparing a solid central beardy with the sleek figure of eastern beardys

yep richardsc...some desribe the henrylawsoni as bulbus ...sorry about spelling
they are more rounded...including the head...more liken to pygmys
& minor minor are liken to a smaller form...dwarf

Richard,

The name Pogona brevis has been sunk. (iczn ruling in regarding the availiblity of Wells and Wellington names)

The current name for the Black Soil Bearded Dragons from QLD and neighbouring areas of the NT is Pogona henrylawsonii

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back