Python Defecate frequency

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shax

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 5 foot carpet python which is currently getting fed 2 Weaner rats every two weeks and looks healthy yet is only defecating on average every 3 - 4 weeks. The faeces look healthy yet I know the average should be down to 7 - 10 days. Temps are fine 25-32. Just wondering what other people notice as the average frequencies for their snakes and if its time for concern.

Thanks

shax

sounds ok to me, depends on how much they eat as well, sometimes they will hold it until they have a big one, if it looks healthy and the snake seems fine i think it should be ok. wait for some others opinions.

I depends, Small carpets are crapping 4 - 10 days - offer food once a week, or 2nd week if they dont want food.

Larger carpets & Diamonds fed 2-3 weeks They will crap about 7 - 12 days later, or a day after being fed again.

Olive will wait 10 - 14 days and do a massive one and makes sure he spreads it around his enclousre. :roll:

If they are coming into a shed cycle they all will wait for weeks and crap when they shed.

These are only guesstimates, I just know I clean up a lot of crap :lol:

Thanks Jason and playwell,

It is about to shed now but the last few defecates have been about 3-4 intervals.

Every time I open the enclosure doos my Maccie looks for food. She is feeding on weaner mice every 8 to 14 days. She is months old and crapps about every 3 to 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back