python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty1

Reaction score
i was just wondering if it is normal for a python not to go to the toilet for a while as my little guy does nt poop every week instead he holds it in is this normal?:?

Absolutely Matty. So long as he is not showing any signs of discomfort, and it looks normal when he does go, you have nothing to worry about. The poop that most ppl see, a couple days after a feed, is not the feed they just had. Food can take weeks to digest.

o ok i was just worried so much about him ,as my other python seems to poop every week and my carpet benj only poops once every 2 weeks or more.thnx so much for your help

so can i give him food still or wait till he digestes??he seems to be hungry all the time:)

No need to wait for poop. Let him have his food. He will use and lose some along the way.

Here is a photo for you. I know it isn't much but this is what a snake's tail end often looks like when they are about to eliminate. So that is completely normal. But if he has this lumpy appearance to him all the time, that can be a sure sign that something could be wrong. But to me, he sounds like a healthy, happy snake.

I took this photo because it was the first time I observed this motion and it frightened me. I thought something was wrong with my snake. But straight after, she straightened back up and sure enough, nothing to worry about.

Attachments

• P1080564.jpg
    P1080564.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 44
so can i give him food still or wait till he digestes??he seems to be hungry all the time:)

Sure you can feed him there's no problem in doing that but every one has there own opinion

Some times if you just take them outside and give them a little massage and let them go for a "run" they will go for a crap works for me every week I nearly never have to clean poo or wee out of my enclosures

Good luck
Lewy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back