Qld hunting trip photo's.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

underbelly

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Last year we did a hunting trip for wild dogs and pigs. I took a couple of hours out at various times to have a scout around the camp, whilst I found some big browns along the tracks there was very little to get a photo of when I had the camera with me. The lesson is to keep your camera on you at all times.

Tambo2008053.jpg

Tambo2008055.jpg

nice little fella

bet you ahd a good bloody grip on him though

As a matter of fact as the story goes, the mate I was with was sitting at the camp saw a green tree snake first. It slid down from a close by gum tree. As he doesn't like snakes at all, he tried to distract me until there was only 6 inches of the tail poking out under an exposed root of the tree. When I went to have a look for myself, I found this little Yellow Faced Whipsnake in hot pursuit of the Green Tree. Truth be known, I only play with what I can handle with confidence and never made any rushed approaches at any of the King Browns we had encountered along the tracks. Plenty of Monitors and frogs but very few snakes were spotted.

Have lots of photo's and have just added a few. The first one we came across 3 dogs pulling down a Red Roo. They were taking it in turns with 2 of them on the roo at a time while the 3rd one had a rest and kept a lookout until one of the others got tired and needed a rest. Had to put the roo down as it was knocked about badly by the time we saw them.

Picture029.jpg

Tambo2008062.jpg

When we arrived the loo was already had it's own visitors.

Picture032.jpg

Thats my mates dog :lol:
Awesome stuff mate,they look like dingo's x shepard ? cool lookin dogs.:D

Good for you, a pity you couldn't save the roo....poor thing.

LOVE the little toilet companions...lol....soooooooo cute. I hope you didn't pee on them...lol

I remember being slapped on my butt check by one of those little things when I went to a mates outhouse in Queensland

more of those wild dogs u can knock over the better.... i reckon anyway...looks like u had a bit of fun mate

been a long time since ive shot at anything that wasnt a man sized target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back