QLD lisence to NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanJungle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be moving soon from qld to nsw and was wondering about my green tree pythons as there on the advanced classification in nsw and I don't meet the requirements for the advanced. Alittle confused... Help
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long have you had them? I'm sure that if you can demonstrate that you were a licensed keeper of GTPs in another state, you will be permitted to bring them with you to NSW, despite the constraints placed on keepers in NSW, especially if you have had them for a while. I would simply explain that you are moving interstate and list the animals you have when applying for a NSW Class 2 licence and your import permit, without drawing special attention to the GTPs in the first instance . I did the same thing when I moved from WA 11 years ago, and the NSW licence and import (into NSW) permits were provided at the same time. I doubt whether they will even query your qualification to keep GTPs here if you just list them with any other animals you wish to bring with you (if you have them). This would be a pretty minor bending of any rules in any case if you have proven experience with the species.

Keep us posted.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back