Question about Green Tree Frog Feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda27

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have 3 green tree frogs that are about 5 months old (since they morphed), I got them approximately 3 weeks ago and at the advice of the frog/reptile store have been feeding them 3 crickets each every night.

They all seem healthy, not overweight or underweight and about 4.5cms long, but i was wondering when I should switch them to feeding every second night only?

I feel quite nervous about determining the best feeding frequency as i'm a first time frog mum!
icon_smile.gif

Also, one of them has just started croaking which i guess means he is a boy - its very cute because it sounds like an adult frog croak except that it is quieter and a little higher pitched - is it normal for a GTF to start croaking at only 5 months old? Does the fact that the others haven't croaked yet mean they are girls or are they too young to really tell?

Thanks everyone - I appreciate any advice!

I'm also going to attempt to add a few pics - hope it works because this is my first post on this forum!

Manda

Attachments

• IMAG0195-1.jpg
    IMAG0195-1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0217.jpg
    IMAG0217.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 126
lol, my boy started croaking a while ago, funniiest sound ever, for a moment i thought i had a doberman living in my herproom!!

i feed him every 2nd day and hes growing nicely (hes about the same size as urs)
if i forget the second day i hear a big loud slap on the glass, look around and theres teh frog wanting to be noticed haha!!

Thats very funny about your frog reminding you when its time for his dinner! Frogs definately have unique little personalities!

I might start feeding them every second day soon :)

Last night one of the other frogs started croaking too so so far I have 2 male frogs - Waiting to see what gender the 3rd frog is :)

I'm quite surprised because I really thought they wouldn't croak until they were much older - 5 months seems very early but I suppose its a good sign that they are happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back