quiry : black snake with blue and cream underbelly

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shags6969

Reaction score
hey everyone . i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about a black snake with a blue and creamy underbelly .. i have seen a couple of them out my way ( dubbo ) and cant say i have seen them before .. there really dosile and you almost have to kick them just to get them to get moving out of your way . they look pretty good but not to keen on getting hold of one incase they are venomus . any info would be great .. if i get a chance to get a photo i will post it ..

reg : shags

Sounds like a blue belly black snake. Pseudechis Guttatus, quite... no a very a potent venom on them. Don't kick anymore of them lol.

ooh i haven't seen Blue belly's out here before, i have heard there quite common here but i haven't been lucky enough to get one...i just get the good old browns

These guys are also known as spotted black snakes, right?

hey everyone . i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about a black snake with a blue and creamy underbelly .. i have seen a couple of them out my way ( dubbo ) and cant say i have seen them before .. there really dosile and you almost have to kick them just to get them to get moving out of your way . they look pretty good but not to keen on getting hold of one incase they are venomus . any info would be great .. if i get a chance to get a photo i will post it ..

reg : shags
just treat it with same respect you would any venomous snake ...look at it take pictures if you want but give it space ....it is certainly not something you wanna get tagged from ;)

pm member: baxtor

ask him how non potent the venom is.

Yes i know about baxtor's bite and just because it didn't knock him off doesn't mean it doesn't have a nasty venom. Guttatus have an LD50 rating of 2.13 and a severe envenomation would land you in hospital and make you feel like utter crap and quite possibly kill you. Don't mess with them.

cheers for all the info .. and na i wouldnt kick one off them .. or any snake for that matter . yet again thanks for the help .. hope i see one again soon so i can get a pick ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back