R.I.P Levi 2003 Aust Idol Contestant..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i find depression and bipolar hilarious...
hell... i even miss the mania's.... god if you can't laugh at your own illness' what can you do...

as for the thread, i didn't make fun of his illness or suicide (which is clearly something i think is good, as my signature has been for years....) i made fun of him... because i thought he was a poor talentless excuse for a "musician", and i don't mind insulting the dead, afterall... they clearly don;t care anymore... so if soenoe else wants to take offence on their behlaf, well.... good for them, let them waste their time.

and as for the guy above who's friend is in hospital under clearly horrific circumstances.
why would i make fun of him or his situation? nothign i said above even implied that i would....
other than that i would support his right to die if he wished.
granted, if i didn't like him before, i wouldn't pretend to now...
but, i don;t know him... so i don't really care.... i don't wish him harm, but, i don;t know him to actually feel anything one way or the other.

For at least four thousand years the idea of a higher level of intelligence - a single benevolent God or a pantheon of deities with different characters and interests – has provided a tremendously powerful source of meaning in the everyday life of the human race. But what would be the consequences for human life if the foundations of this meaning were to crumble? If meaning derives from a particular faith, or inheres in a particular relationship, what happens if this faith is destroyed, or if this relationship is broken? The suicide implied in this question is not a response to mental illness, or to intolerable grief. It is a rational choice, made with the realisation that life has no higher meaning. If life is genuinely meaningless, why should we tolerate the pain, disappointments and sheer hard slog of our day-to-day existence? Is it not better to put a final end to our weltschmerz?
Too, if there is a God, then the clearest of his powers is Life; life obviously is linked completely with death, such that one consider such a power to be the same. One does not have the power to truly create life, to form a 'soul', for want of a better word, yet we do have the power to choose death, to create death.
In suicide we both negate God's ultimate power, and claim if for ourselves. In suicide we deny God's creation and claim one of our own.

......For at least four thousand years the idea of a higher level of intelligence - a single benevolent God or a pantheon of deities with different characters and interests – has provided a tremendously powerful source of meaning in the everyday life of the human race. But what would be the consequences for human life if the foundations of this meaning were to crumble? If meaning derives from a particular faith, or inheres in a particular relationship, what happens if this faith is destroyed, or if this relationship is broken? The suicide implied in this question is not a response to mental illness, or to intolerable grief. It is a rational choice, made with the realisation that life has no higher meaning. If life is genuinely meaningless, why should we tolerate the pain, disappointments and sheer hard slog of our day-to-day existence? Is it not better to put a final end to our weltschmerz?
Too, if there is a God, then the clearest of his powers is Life; life obviously is linked completely with death, such that one consider such a power to be the same. One does not have the power to truly create life, to form a 'soul', for want of a better word, yet we do have the power to choose death, to create death.
In suicide we both negate God's ultimate power, and claim if for ourselves. In suicide we deny God's creation and claim one of our own.

Great words Forensick. A very deep passage. Shame you imply that they are your own and not those of Richard Barnett.

http://www.geocities.com/a_and_e_uk/Sisyphus.htm

You may find depression hilarious, but plagiarism in order to gain credibility is pretty funny too. ;)

he probably finally heard himself sing....

then the suicide spiral began....

not all of us can have musical talent....
he probably just learnt enough to realise he didn't have any, and the last 5 years had been a lie

I'm someone that has lost a family member to suicide and I don't find your comments very funny. Maybe you need to think before you post next time and have some compassion for people who are feeling so bad that they think that's the only way out.

While it's reprehensible to make fun of someone who has died, heartless as it may seem, i find it easier to have a dig and not feel as bad for people who commit suicide.

To me, it seems like the absolute cowards way out, a permenant solution to a temporary problem. All commiting suicide does it cause unimaginable pain and suffering to the people that cared about you the most. Before all of you jump in "OMG BUNG YOUR HEARTLESS LOL!!!1!!1eleven!!!!111!!!!!!" I would like to point out that I have had experiences in my life. Knew two blokes who killed themselves on separate occasions shortly after we graduated, and a close mate died last year as a result of killing himself.

I guess I find it hard to feel sorry for someone that causes everyone else pain. I do however, find it very easy to feel for the parents/friends/relatives of the person who killed themselves.

From your comments it's obvious that you've never experienced depression. People think they have, but unless you've suffered from severe depression you have no idea what it feels like. Yes, the family that is left behind does suffer, but the person going through the depression sufferes each and every day and sometimes it just gets too overwhelming.

I have personal experience of both sides of the fence and it's a horrible way to live. Yes, sometimes you can get past it, and luckily I have, but other's aren't as lucky and they are forced to live with it their entire lives. Suicide is not always a cry for help nor is it an impulse decision. Some people make a conscious decision and that is what happened in my family and most of us understood that and could accept it more easily.

Just remember, you could start to suffer from depression at any point in your life and maybe if you did, you might think differently.

i find depression and bipolar hilarious...
hell... i even miss the mania's.... god if you can't laugh at your own illness' what can you do...

as for the thread, i didn't make fun of his illness or suicide (which is clearly something i think is good, as my signature has been for years....) i made fun of him... because i thought he was a poor talentless excuse for a "musician", and i don't mind insulting the dead, afterall... they clearly don;t care anymore... so if soenoe else wants to take offence on their behlaf, well.... good for them, let them waste their time.

and as for the guy above who's friend is in hospital under clearly horrific circumstances.
why would i make fun of him or his situation? nothign i said above even implied that i would....
other than that i would support his right to die if he wished.
granted, if i didn't like him before, i wouldn't pretend to now...
but, i don;t know him... so i don't really care.... i don't wish him harm, but, i don;t know him to actually feel anything one way or the other.

For at least four thousand years the idea of a higher level of intelligence - a single benevolent God or a pantheon of deities with different characters and interests – has provided a tremendously powerful source of meaning in the everyday life of the human race. But what would be the consequences for human life if the foundations of this meaning were to crumble? If meaning derives from a particular faith, or inheres in a particular relationship, what happens if this faith is destroyed, or if this relationship is broken? The suicide implied in this question is not a response to mental illness, or to intolerable grief. It is a rational choice, made with the realisation that life has no higher meaning. If life is genuinely meaningless, why should we tolerate the pain, disappointments and sheer hard slog of our day-to-day existence? Is it not better to put a final end to our weltschmerz?

were you abused a child?
i'd say that you really need some help but i think your past that.

and if your going to use other peoples words, you really should refrence that person.........
or yeh, it is plagiarism

it was meant to be in quotations...

clearly it wasn't in the flow of what i had written above.

i often think people that condemn suicides as selfish were abused as children... or at least seem to think that other peoples choices affect them more

it was meant to be in quotations...

Nope. Otherwise you would have at least mentioned the author, the website, something. You got caught out because what you plagiarised in your post didn't seem to match the hysterical and inflammatory comments you preceded it with.

Here's something you might find useful to help dig yourself out of it;

shovel%20ally2oscom.jpg

Just cop it on the chin champ. You got caught. :D;)

Forensick............ go get a life FIRST!!!!!!!!! I am NOT religious but have no compunctions atall about suicide if the needs arise................. what do you make of that? I would not choose to because there is no religious hereafter...............................but because of my OWN PERSONAL INSIDE PAIN and anguish................ not because of what others say we should believe or not believe................ it comes down to what matters in ones oWN life................ NOT RELIGION - I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE RELIGION IN ANY FORM....... okay? You are, infact, the sort of fanatic that would drive a person TO it.

Originally posted by FORENSIK - More inane, nonsensical dribble...

i think everyone should just drop a "rip" and pay there respects. Everyone deals with depression and such in there own way and a situation like this may just be opening up old scars for some.

theres already been a tradgety theres no point causing a dispute in what is such a good communtiy of helpful, kind people. So just pay your respects wether it be on this forum or somewere else and be done with it.

rip

so just sweep it under the carpet? ignore the potential?
pretend nothing ever happened? heh

sorry, I disagree, it's a topic that requires open air discussion, on both good and bad sides, so that mayhap people can be made aware, and those that are having trouble, can see there are others like them.

what I'm saddened at is that people all to quickly jump on a nay sayer and suggest they come to harm or were abused or some other petty attack.

people, we don't and can't all agree on everything, nor should we, just because someone states something you oppose doesn't mean they are directing it at YOU, and even if they are, water off a ducks back.

you won't change people's minds or views by attacking them or their character, you only belittle yourself as a rabid reductionist ;P ;) *of course I've been guilty of it a few times myself ;P *

i get what your saying recharge and i agree that more people need to be aware and see that there are others out there.

but some of the stuff thats being posted is really quite stupid and i very much doubt it will help anyone.
there are ways we can look at the good and the bad without offending/hurting others and without causing a massive dispute.

there are indeed ways, but there are also times when harsh words can bring on a reality check for some as well.
there are good reasons for some to voice disagreement or object to expected reactions, it doesn't please people, and they may not see that good can sometimes come from it. ;)

true.
i would have to agree in some ways and disagree in others. but there is no point in us argueing about it as we clearly both have slightly different opinions.

perhaps its infact a bad thing that i prefer to "sweep things under the carpet" and just forget about it, i suppose its just what ive taught myself to do :S.

i have infact have learnt a bit from this thread, its good to read about other peoples experiences and learn and relate before i/or others make the same mistakes and im going to read up on the whole anti depressants bipola thing.

maybe it was because they were friends with you.......then their suicide spiral began....

not all of them could have had the same funny sense of humour as you.......
they probably just realised they didn't have it and could no longer live in your shadow.
Lol.

Forensick, Does that mean that we can joke about you and not glorify you after death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back