Rabbit, front legs first!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

l3atman

Reaction score
so i just fed my snakes, and my olive grabbed her rabbit by the front legs like she usually does...
normally however she will just drag it around and play with a bit and then move to the head and start eating...
but tonight she decided to grab the front legs and just keep going, when she had got the arms all the way in her mouth i thought surely she will realise that this isnt going to work and start again...
but she didnt, she kept going until she had managed to fold the rabbits head all the way back...
anyway, i thought once she swallowed it the head would flip back to its normal position, but it stayed folded back in her neck, which looked a tad disturbing...
i was pretty impressed that she managed to get it down, she seems pretty proud of her self, probably feels like she ate small dog
anyway thought i would share that with all of you
what's the largest meal some of you have fed your snakes?

Lol I thought my childrens looked funny when they couldn't get past the front legs of rats sticking out at odd angles but a rabbit feet first?! Wow. Would have been interesting to watch for sure. :lol:

My Mac stretched itself to the extreme taking a full grown mouse butt first a few weeks ago... Did you get any pics?

no unfortunately i didn't get any pics, i have a feeling it wont be long before she will do it again, because she always starts by grabbing the feet for some reason, i will be sure to have the camera at the ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back