Rabbits/Chickens & other large prey items...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KathandStu

Reaction score
So I have been thinking. When I get my Olive python, I will eventually have to find a place locally or over the 'Net or phone to buy rabbits/chickens. At present 'Zar is only eating Fuzzie mice so it will be a long time before I have to worry about finding anything larger than an adult mouse (which we get from a local aquarium) like rats. Any suggestions for local (to me in Parramatta) or reputable 'net or phone order places where I will be able to get rabbits & chickens etc when the time comes? The other thing is that Stu & I don't drive so if we can't walk there it isn't much use to us.

Thanks,

Kath

I thought of that Jason but we live in a shoe-box sized apartment in the middle of the CBD so keeping rabbits isn't really an option . :p

Dont worry to much about that yet, It'll be some time before you'll need to supply large prey items. Rats will suffice. If need be you can alwatys feed two rats and occasionally throw in a nieghbours pet if size is important :twisted:

There are always people giving away free kittens in the trading post! lol.......JUST KIDDING

when your olive gets to a size that one large rat wont suffice you can always feed two, like peterescue said.

I am not familiar with paramatta but I am sure that if you ask your local pet shop they can organise getting what you need. Might be costly but if you both dont drive then there isnt much choice. if you are only feeding one or two then the cost shouldnt be bank breaking stuff.

put a post in the wanted section asking if anyone is in your area, might find someone nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back