Rainbow pride

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imalizard

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

For my photography assignment I was told to pick a topic which I could relate to, for me it was gay pride. It took me awhile to work out what I could take a photo of but then I came up with this idea....it's called "Rainbow Pride"

DSCF6205.jpg

Any feedback would be great as I need a few comments of what people think of the photo to get fit in a criteria.
Thanks, Daniel

Maybe you could try a few shots with different facial expressions . . . this face looks more shocked than proud, but the idea I like . . What other ideas were you thinking of??

Yeah was gonna suggest a different facial expression...unless you were going for angsty/upset. Otherwise the general idea is cool

^ +1 for the different facial expression.

I imagine something like that scene you always see in the war movies where they rub that black stuff on their face, now imagine that but with rainbow paint lol.

If you think you can pull it off, blue steel. Distinction with that effort for sure.

Where are the water pythons? lol

Doesn't look so much proud as is it staring ahead blankly. Unless that's the look you're going for. I don't know much about the whole visual arts thing, I'm a music man. so I am happy to be told I'm wrong (well is anyone ever wrong when it comes to art? But I am happy to be told that I have missed an obvious interpretation)

Maybe try the magnum

Oh c'mon! You just made me spray my keyboard with coffee!

If that image works for you then you are onto a winner! Art is subjective and since you are both the author and subject, it is up to you whether it works or not to convey your message. Good luck with your project!

I don't get it.

ever seen the mardi gras?? like breast cancer and epilepsy awareness have colours (pink and purple) the gay community also have colours but it just happens to be the rainbow.

i to also think a facial expression change is in order.

don't know whether you could do this but thought I would give u my idea anyway..... maybe try using a few different people (if you can) and maybe just use snippets of each face, ie, two different eyes, a nose, mouth and ears from different photos... showing rainbow pride from two views... the colours (as in ur pic) and many people (rainbow also meaning race, background etc)

since it has to be 'pg' related response i shall not speak no more.

didn't have to add reply but it gets my post count 1 more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back