rainforest dragons ( angle heads)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puff-punk

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi there i am wanting to know any info on rainforest dragons as possible please i liv ein new zealand and have a 5 month old bearded dragon and was printing off some pics at photo shop when i came across a pic of one of these i would love to get one but don't know about new zealand and maff can anyone give me details on these guys please on what their temprament is like etc and if anyone knows details about some in nz or getting them over here it would be sooooooo greatly appreciated thanks

if i can not get any details on this breed could someone else reccommend alsong with prices a breed that is very similar to the beardys as in size nature care temprament some thing a little more colourful though please .

thanks all who reply have a lovely day

jesse

We cant legally export them as a general rule, so they would have to be illegally smuggled if they arnt already there.

Just out of interest what types of reptiles can you legally keep over there?

nz reptiles

not alot that i know of unfortunatly which is why i was looking at importing i really want something differnt i mean the ones in new zealand besides the bearded dragons are not all that great well in my personal opinion anyways

we have the bearded dragons
blue tounge lizards
water dragons and i know a guy who has a few leopard gekos but they worth like $2000 or more for them and in my opinion they to small and easily stressed i have a three year old so it got to able to deal with a bit of noise and stuff .

just a querry over there what are bearded dragons sold for ?

i paid 1000 for mine although i have recently seen some for 500 but not very well known breeders .

thanks all the same i may just ahve to have a cha with maff and see if i can get a permit to keeep some of the native kinds although i think most of them are gekos anyways i know you cant keep tuataras ( suck )

thanks
jesse

PS: what do you have ?

$1000 WOW what colour is it ??? i paid $100 for my yellow adult male

Bearded Dragon hatchlings usually go for between $40 and $100 over here depending on colour etc. Adults around the $100 - $300 each mar same theory with colour.

suckful

well he is meant to be a high yellow but i am not to sure on that i mean he is getting more and more yellow with each shed and will go bright yellow when he is really happy sitting on my shoulder but i look at the pics of the babies that pop up on the top of this site some times and he is no where near as yellow as that i think he may have a bit of a throw back from to his gran dad who is a yellow cross brown he has very dark marking on his head and back

yeah i wish i was in aussie alothough then you got al the snakes and spiders and the rest of the creepy crawlys things yuck plus thats haklf the fun of having him is that no one over here has them so you get alot of attention from him and stuff ( ha ha now ui sould like an attention seeker ) no i just like different hair styles clothes animals ( ok now i sound like a freak ) lol no not that either i just like to take something normal and put a little twist on it eg : my hair is brown with magenta ( pink / purple ) streaks in it

anyways thanks to all who replied of you can reccomend some breeds of lizards for me that i may be able to import to nz that are very similar to that of a beardy then it would be much appreciated i mean i don't want to spend alot cause import will cost me so say $300 tops i would like something with alot of patterning or colour but temp , size and care of a beardy thanks

can you legally import stuff from other countries?

maff

yeah somethings i think but you have to get maff permit do quarentine and all sorts of stuff i doubt i would be able to breed drom them and would prob have them doing regular checks and **** but hey its worth it to have sopmething you have a great passion for i think .

just did some more web research and found a few diffrent dragons i like the look of i weill also put up a thread for anyone else to reply to but could yopu please private message me with some deatils on these breeds

* black shoulderd ground dragon * crested dragon * military dragon * ornate dragon

* painted dragon * central or western nettled dragon

thanks heaps jesse

are they species you would like to import?

yeas

yes these are species i would like to import i mean i would hacve to sort everything out with maff and things but what i want to know for now is are these breeds available as pets in aussie and at what prices thanks

jesse

some are but your not gonna get them legally, exports are prohibited unless your a zoo

Yeah in auz were not legally allowed to export anything I've already asked the EPA here as I knew of someone in NZ that wanted frill necks and yeah the answer was no. It's like in american, england and all that they are legally allowed to import export etc but we just can't here sorry so you might have to browse places like england etc and see what they have.

eggs

hey someone said to me that i may be abale to import the lizards when still in the egg stage i know this would be hard to do but hey i think its worth it if its possible to do . i am actually working in conjunction with a zoo type of place they are called parrot ranch down in levin nz they have all sorts of birds over 300 species and also have wallabies, cotton top monkeys, and various lizard varieties but we are trying to work something out between us that would benifit both of us such as splitting costs on import ect and then me receiving some offspring or something its still all up in the air as to what maff says and all thanks

nope, thats would ne the easyest way to import but still illegal, also you probably wouldnt hatch many and i dought enyone would sell you eggs as its illegal to do so in aus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back