Rats attacking the big wild coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRatbag

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Rats attacking the big wild coastal + video link

That made you look :lol:

I only took the big coastal back down the property the other day and he is back already :rolleyes: This time he was parked on top of a mouse cage that is sitting on top of a rat cage. The rats and mice were trying to sniff him and were right up under his chin.... they were actually trying to get to him :shock::lol: They have absolutely no idea what he is or that they should be afraid of him :lol:

To make sure he was calm for me when I put him in the tub to take him away (again) , I gave him a thawed out, warmed up rat.... otherwise he would have hung onto and prolly pulled down the cages..... while he was eating the rat, his body was resting on the rats cage.... the little rotten rats in the cage were actually biting him thru the bars.... made him flinch (but not stop eating):rolleyes:

I actually had to stand there with a water spray bottle and spray the rats when they went to bite him. I video'd it and am uploading it right now (but it is very slow) I will put the link on here tomorrow. The video actually shows the rats biting him, before I got the spray bottle... otherwise the would have taken some chunks out of him for sure :shock: Just some pics for now ;)

[video=youtube;KbfWySMT2BY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbfWySMT2BY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Pics from cam 251112 118a.jpg Pics from cam 251112 119a.jpg

Pics from cam 251112 121a.jpg Pics from cam 251112 126a.jpg Pics from cam 251112 128a.jpg

Last edited:
Shouldnt he make his mind up and just pick one already? Surely you must get sick of this tyre kicker coming in and not buying anything every second day ;)

It just loves your place and even more now you fed it! What I would call free range.

Cant blame him for wanting to hang about, looks like hes found herp heaven!!

I was expecting a colony of rats charging towards an evil coastal king in army suits with guns and tanks with an impressive war theme song playing......let down.....
All we find is brave man warding off the caged rats with a spray bottle. So my question is: WHERE WAS THE SUPER SOAKER!!!!!!!

i know you said the rats arnt scared of the snake but take a look at pic one , there may be one little fellow with some courage but what about the rest , huddled together in a corner clearly shipping themselves

i know you said the rats arnt scared of the snake but take a look at pic one , there may be one little fellow with some courage but what about the rest , huddled together in a corner clearly shipping themselves

They take turns, like 'tag team' :lol:

The video failed to upload :rolleyes: I have to start again.... will post it as soon as I get it on the tube.....

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldnt he make his mind up and just pick one already? Surely you must get sick of this tyre kicker coming in and not buying anything every second day ;)

Oh no.... he picks them all right... he wants that one, and that one... those 2 over there.... definately that one and that one.... :lol:

Just dag-nabit, the darn mesh is in the way! :facepalm:

I like having him around, but he does worry me a bit.... toung flicking near the cages.... if a rat grabs his toung, it will be all over. Not sure what to do.... I have another slightly smaller coastal in an old enclosure in the ratshed.... he was smashing his face into the mesh trying to strike at the rats..... his jaw was like he had just eaten (crooked) even tho he hadnt eaten... and it didnt go back to normal. I put him in the spare enclosure and fed him, his jaw is back to normal now and the redness around his 'chin' has gone.... but he is in shed cycle (blue eyes/dirty looking dull colouration) so I dont want to release him while he cant see....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back