Rbbs rescue now!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiona74

Reaction score
anyone know anyone in the Campbelltown area who can relocate a RBBS who is under the concrete of our verandah. He really just needs to be moved across the road to the railway line / long grass but I don't have the experience to do it and I have 3 young kids who are not afraid of snakes. If no one knows then I will ring SWR or wires but thought you guys might be able to help.
I just went back out and I can't see him anywhere but I am not convinced he has totally gone. Our garage door is open (as we were on our way out) so I'm thinking he may be in there.
Any help?

why relocate him? if your kids are aware of him and have been informed to stay away from him, then why do you want him gone for?>as the fact will be if you take him across the road good chance he will come back again..you either need him to be moved a few kms away or enjoy him in your yard ,,the temprement of the rbbs isnt as nasty or unpredictable as the eastern brown ,and if left alone he wont bother you at all ...

Ok. I can live with that. I am quite stoked that he is here but bummed I missed getting a pic of him. We did have one here years ago (before kids) and he was only around for a day or so. The kids are only 4, 3 and 21 months so I will have to keep an eye on them as their curiosity would override their common sense!

I have to go out now so he could be anywhere by the time I get back. Its just the thought of not knowing.
I got a bit carried away with my initial post, I was a bit excited.
Thanks redbellybite.

well fair enough then your kiddies are younger then I thought ..if your not worried about confronting the rbbs and want it gone from your yard you can use your garden hose too...if the snake is in the yard out in the open get your hose spray at the face as you know snakes dont have eye lids and so it will move on as he wont like it but you wont be hurting it either...you can move him around by doing this and your able to stay a safe distant back from him too ..if he is curled up and seems content to stay like that you can place a tub or bucket over the top of him and call a catcher to remove him if you want him gone too,,,but take caution as you are not afraid of snakes it shouldnt be really a problem to do if the snake shows action before doing it LEAVE alone ..if underneath your slab not much you can do ,you can try flooding but its up to you ...;)

If you cant cope with it being there, kids come first, I can accept that then ring 94124300 Sydney Wildlife.
I live in an inner city suburb and we have RBBs down the back. My kids were 11 months an 3 when we moved in and we have never had a problem. They are fully aware of snake protocol.

I've been out and just got back and he was hanging out of the crevice. I grabbed some pics b4 he went back in. So now I know where he is.
I'd love to let him hang around but my husband is not so understanding especially with the kids.

Attachments

• DSCN0607.jpg
    DSCN0607.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN0608.jpg
    DSCN0608.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN0609.jpg
    DSCN0609.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 114
ring someone then dino ,,,it looks a good size too....keep an eye out so that the person comming to get it roughly knows and if it goes under further you may need to flood it out .....

RBB are beautiful snakes imo....

planning on doing my courses an getting a juvi early next year round feb - april

Yeah I've called Sydney wildlife rescue, the woman said if under a slab they can't get it but I said if allowed to come back out, you can get close enough to get it, so she said ok and took my details. The pics I took are of it going back in, it was further out than that b4. He had his head sticking out enjoying the sun. How gorgeous.

oh then after its out get hubby to block up the hole .........put him to work!
Yes I will, I just don't want him to block up the hole b4 he's out. Hubby already knows about it and will be on a mission when he gets home, thats why I want the snake gone, for his own sake.

Just quickly, here he is again. I got a head shot this time.
And someone is on their way out so heres hoping I'm not wasting his time!

Attachments

• DSC_0322.JPG
    DSC_0322.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 135
Ok the guy just left but unfortunately without the snake as his head wasn't out far enough. He has however put some fine netting over the hole with the hope that the snake will try and crawl out through it, get stuck, and then I make the phone call 'come and get him' lol. I don't know if this will work but I can't see what else he could do.
I will get pics of the event if it anything actually happens!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back