reason for missing posts. If this isnt what your waiting for

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonss

Reaction score
hi everyone..

As most would know we have had a number of post deleted in the last week.

We have been accused of not asking permission to make these posts. So i guess adam the co owner decided not to notify anyone of the pm he received from us asking exactly that. This is suposadly one of the reasons that the posts were deleted. .. And yes i did save the post for future referance.
To: Slateman_Junior
Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 11:30 PM
Subject: question.
hi adam..

we are about to start another comeptition on our site.. was going to put a post in your forum for people to see but thought i better ask you if its ok first..

cheers paul.

http://atr.kpjmedia.com/

It is also been deemed that our post have been to the detriment of aps as you people are there members and arnt allowed to be exposed to things outside of this comunity. Apperently this decision was made by 4 out of 5 moderators. Although not one of them would post as to why they were being deleted. And the one moderator that did pm us after the third deletion refered me to slatmans decission.
At the same time it has been agreeded that the posts deleted contained no promotion of another site, no personal attacks, fighting, bad language or any other criteria listed as reason for deletion under forum rules.

I have the same signature as many other members which contain my web address. yet none of our previous posts have been moderated in anyway as have no one elses for this reason.
We have been told that promotion of one site on another isnt right. And while i have total respect for that view. I was a member of other sites when this one was getting off the ground and this web address was published on those other sites on a regular basis. ( my view is whats good for the goose may not be good for the gander after all. )

Going by the email i have received it has been said that the members that we have on our site actually belong to this one. And that i only have your member ship because i stole you from here during my member ship.
I find this offensive to say the least. And if anyone here feels in some way that this is the fact i would be only to happy to delete your accounts with us.
And yes legally any accounts that are asked to be deleted have to be done so. As you fill them in yourself and provide the information in them nobody has the right to keep that when asked for it to be removed.

Would also like to get a few things straight.. The animals and yes that has been animals that i donated to this comunity was my decision but was done for the benifit of this comunity. And yes the products donated to this comunity were all from ultimate reptiles but some of those were payed for by us and then donated. so to make the statment that you run a banner add for utlimate and that made everything more than equal is alittle over stated in my view.
One of the many other things i find offensive is the fact that because a couple of members purchased animals from us last year we have profited from this comunity..The sad thing is the most of the ones that did buy from us also got looked after well for the simple fact that they were members here. So in essence the return was less, so we hardly profited from this.

I have alot more i would like to say but the chances of this thread being left here for people to read and discuss, (as is the point of a forum or message board.) is remote there probably not much point.

Yeah i am a little pissed to say the least.. but it highlights the fact that having forum rules dosent mean that thats how things will happen..

cheers paul.

No point to argue here everybody see only they own right.
Lot of worlds is twisted and I can see that you paul think that you are in right.
It is not point for me to argue with you, and I wish you all the best.
I see things little different than you and I do not agree with many of your statements above.
But all this will bring up just more arguments and I do not like to annoy members with that.
All the best Paul and no hard feeling from my site. Thank you for all the donations you mentioned many times and i am sure that people who benefited from you will appreciate that.
I will lock this topic and delete your acc. as you wish.

Paul, my reply to your post was -

To: pythonss
Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 09:40 PM
Subject: Re: question.

Better check with dad.

I clearly asked if you could take to my dad - Slateman about it as I don't have the juristiction on this site to make such decisions. My dad does not have any messages on his account from you, so I can only assume you took that as an invitation to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back