Red Belly Black saved from certain death

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo

Reaction score
Well for now it will be safe. I was coming home from Millerran Power Station today and there was a 1.2-1.3 meter red belly black on the road and no traffic either way so I was able to avoid hitting it :D and go back and get it off the road :D.
Just hope it has enough sense to stay off the warm road, it was a bit cool out there today.

Last edited:
Lost count of the Blacks i've removed from roads over the years

Gives you a good feeling when you do save one though. But it is a sad reality that so many reptiles die on our roads either accidently or lined up.

Yeah i know what you mean.. a mate and me a while back tried moving a 5ft tiger of the highway... he wasn't a happy camper.. he thought hot bitumen was a lovely place to bask, regardless of all the cars zooming past... In the end got him safely off the road and into the nearby bush :) Had alot of onlookers in the end, we got a few weird looks like we was crazy for trying to save a snake :p ..

Yeah i know what you mean.. a mate and me a while back tried moving a 5ft tiger of the highway... he wasn't a happy camper.. he thought hot bitumen was a lovely place to bask, regardless of all the cars zooming past... In the end got him safely off the road and into the nearby bush :) Had alot of onlookers in the end, we got a few weird looks like we was crazy for trying to save a snake :p ..

Didn't you know, only weirdos save snakes, lol.

sooooo many people run over sleepy lizards in SA for fun...
or to the non locals...I think you guys call them bob tails?

We had a little 3-footer run over here today. I agree with snake rescuers being a little weird. Most of my friends think I am the crazy snake lady.

The funniest thing happened when I stopped to get a 2+ meter coastal off a back street near my place - it was quite chilly and the coastal was cranky and the whole time my sister was inside my car screaming and winding up the windows!!!

lol My mums friend is a bit scared of snakes but she loves all animals and wont kill anything. When she sees a snake on the road she will hold up all the traffic so nobody hits it :D

lol My mums friend is a bit scared of snakes but she loves all animals and wont kill anything. When she sees a snake on the road she will hold up all the traffic so nobody hits it :D

Sounds like my Mum, living west of Dalby, she would be a minority out there because she likes snakes. She even hides the key to the gun safe when she can so the old man can't get the shotgun and be a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back