redbelly non-eater fix

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spotlight

Reaction score
have any of you tried this for a non-eating red belly or collet snake dont ask me how i found this out just one of those spare of the moment things get some freshly peeled cooked prawns and sent the food item and away you go its always works for me i had a collet who would not eat, it did not eat for 18 months i had to force feed until one day i tried this trick and away it went .You can feed the whole prawn to the snake (un peeled) and they love it but watch out when it comes out the other side what a mess i prefer to sent mice and rats ect ,also watch out when feeding, it turns a placid redbelly into a shark on a food frenzy give it a go it does work.

Haven't heard that one before! Will definately have to give it a go in the future...

hi spotlight,
welcome to aps, do you think this would work for other types of pythons, like coastals or any of the 3 different childens,

cheers,
steve.......

I havent tried pythons yet havent had problem eaters yet ,my water pythons did like them i cant see why it wouldnt work on the childrens family

Yeah sounds a bit iffy, after all prawns are seafood. What kinda snake in the wild would venture off into the sea in search for prawns? LOL!

- Sounds like an option anyway

What other ways are there, that you can try when feeding a troublesome snake?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I found rubbing the prey item on my parrot, particularly around the oil gland, worked wonders for non eaters.

Parrot took off though, can't figure why...

i cant see why it wouldnt work on the childrens family

hi spotlight,
thanks for that, not that i've got any at the moment that don't feed, but it's good to have something to try if it happens, i've got a couple fussy eaters, one is a stimmy male i got from a friend, :wink: but he is eating every week now,
just good to know a few extra tricks to try, a friend of mine is using strips of liver to feed a couple childrens that won't eat mice, they love it,

cheers,
steve...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back