related pairs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just curious, how many people have related pairs of dragons. eg if i buy 3-4 hatchie dragons of some sort from the same clutch will i be able to breed them with each other? cause i know you can do it with snakes, would the babys have a problems?
thanks

yes you can breed lizards from the same clutch with each other, but eventually you might end up with weaker offspring.

but eventually you might end up with weaker offspring.

what do you mean by this, the lizards will be weak (not strong)?

are there many ragon breeders ho do this?

don't anymore than one generation is the general advise i've been given. I have some very colourful sandfires (yellow phase) and would like the strengthen the colours. Any specific breed of dog is inbred. As insectiver said you will end up with weaker offspring if you go on for too long without fresh blood brought into the gene pool. The babies should be fine :)

I'm not too sure with dragons but pythons can be 'inbred' for many generations without any obvious ill effects. This is one of those how how much to feed, when to breed sort of questions, ask 10 people and get 10 different answers.

This is one of those how how much to feed, when to breed sort of questions, ask 10 people and get 10 different answers
i agree i posted expecting different answers. i ask cause im getting some bearde hatchlings so i can pair my eastern male up with a female but if i get a male and 2 females i was wondering if i could keep the extras as a pair. thanks every one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back