Religious or Not - with Poll

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am:

• Religious - regardless of faith

Votes: 49 24.7%
  • Atheist - including agnostic

Votes: 149 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlothHead

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that forgot the Poll

Yeah title says it all.

Have been accumulating data on this for a while from different areas, and interesting to see the figures for a site like this.

Cheers

no religion for me either
but think theres something after death (i hope!!!:shock:)

Yeah the poll is a silent poll as well so no one knows what you have voted for unless you want to post what you are as well.

Cheers

i believe religion is the cause of more troubles in the world than good..... and i believe there is more than one path to the devine.

i believe religion is the cause of more troubles in the world than good..... and i believe there is more than one path to the devine.

Well thanks for your opinion, but seriously, i dont want it as the poll is just asking what it is asking.

The reason i say this is by saying what you say, it will invoke a reaction which as we all know too well will spiral the whole issue into a slagging match and ultimately have the thread closed.

I personally dont want that as i am after the numbers.

But if you do want to express that opinion, you are welcome to start another thread on that topic.

Cheers

I'm not religious but I'm not atheist either. I do however believe there is more than this life. Religion is, IMO, the basis for hatred & bias. People are the same, we may look different, behave differently but we are all deserving of mutual respect for who we are, not what believe in. Holy wars are an example of this!! Pfft, nothing holy about war! :evil:

Hate to say this as well.

If you arent religious you are either agnostic or an atheist..

it is about as clear cut as, if the light isnt on it is therefore off.

Maybe then people can if they wish read the pole as they are theistic or atheistic

Definate athiest for me, i do all the little sins like gluttony and sloth and stuff, and i value my sundays sitting at home doing huge amounts of nothing. Each to there own though, I have friends who are strongly religious and there great people, some are even Goths. I dont mind whatever people do as long as they dont try to convert me to anything. When the door knockers come around i fetch the satanic bible i have around here and pressure them into it. Its a laugh.
Everyone needs to believe in something, religion just isnt my choice

Hate to say this as well.

If you arent religious you are either agnostic or an atheist..

it is about as clear cut as, if the light isnt on it is therefore off.

Maybe then people can if they wish read the pole as they are theistic or atheistic

I beg to differ here Sloth head, I am spiritual but not religous or atheist.I beleive in (universal law, mother nature, god, whatever you want to call it) but not religon.

Before I get infracted again I would like everyone to know that I dont mean anything personal here. Over and out.

^ Another one of those here (spiritual), definatley neither christian (although 60% of my related family are) nor atheist.

Well thanks for your opinion, but seriously, i dont want it as the poll is just asking what it is asking.

The reason i say this is by saying what you say, it will invoke a reaction which as we all know too well will spiral the whole issue into a slagging match and ultimately have the thread closed.

I personally dont want that as i am after the numbers.

But if you do want to express that opinion, you are welcome to start another thread on that topic.

Cheers

well whatever. i don't see how you can have a religious thread without people posting reasons why they are what they are. the last thing i want to start is a religion thread. in the end most religious discussions degenerate into slagging matches as you put it.

you wont hear from me in this thread again.... have fun

I beg to differ here Sloth head, I am spiritual but not religous or atheist.I beleive in (universal law, mother nature, god, whatever you want to call it) but not religon.

That is why i added the line into my comment. that you quoted on.

Either you are theistic or atheistic.

Thus as you have said, you are therefore theistic.

Yes there is certainly a deliniation between religion and theism. However, the majority of people will read theistic as religious (though and i agree, it technically isnt)

yea i think there shoulda been a 3rd option too.
I believe in the existance of what could be called 'god' or 'the force' or 'the big cheese' or what-ever , but as far as organised religions go....NUP .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back