Religious or Not - with Poll

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am:

• Religious - regardless of faith

Votes: 49 24.7%
  • Atheist - including agnostic

Votes: 149 75.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well it does say regardless of faith, so that encompasses your belief in your god not necessarily the christian god or the islamic god etc.

well it does say regardless of faith, so that encompasses your belief in your god not necessarily the christian god or the islamic god etc.

Yea , but 'Religious' sort of implies that one is a member of some kind of religion , & I wouldn't want that .
So ok, I'm a member of "The church of Natrix' ...& will always be the only member of it.

I dont have to read a book to tell me what to believe or how to act, what to do or not do.

Same as natrix and others, I believe in a force/nature/energy if you will. Its not there to send us to hell if we dont obey, or to judge us for that matter.. :rolleyes: I dont personify it either.

I can't vote. I'm so not religious, I'm not even atheist. How about indifferent? That's how I'd vote.

Atheist is just a name that Christians use to classify me. Makes it sound like I actually practice something. Nope.

Last edited:
I attend the church of Chuck Norris every Sunday.

There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck lets live.

I attend the church of Chuck Norris every Sunday.

There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck lets live.

yea , I was gonna join that one untill I found out that he didn't like reptiles.

Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.

Which is applicable to this topic. For most people with their eyes open dont believe in a spiritual being at all.

Lol really don't know what to say, from some of the posts, I begin to think people who do follow religion will kill for it and those who dont will still kill........

Am a person from a Hindu past and I personally feel that, all that religions are, is nothing more than a way of life...... Nothing worth killing for........

Yes **** happens and some of the biggest wars have always had religion involved....... If any thing, the next big war will b religion based....... The three most known religions are Hindu, Christian and Islam...... and none of them say kill for u'r religion........ All that they say is

1. Hurt no one
2. Rob no one
3. Help people and living things if u can.

How peaceful are those three points........

Just thought I should point this out..........

Last edited:
Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.

Which is applicable to this topic. For most people with their eyes open dont believe in a spiritual being at all.

Most with their eyes open should be able to see past the church also. IMO its nothing more than a control device, but try telling that to them ;)

I work at a religious school but I am certainly more spiritual as others have put. I am not a believer but I believe strongly in other areas :)

It's good working in a religious school - that way I get the best of both worlds and get a real chance to choose. Unfortunately, if anything (for the school) it's put me further off being religious.

I am definitely not a religious person therefore, an atheist. I am realistic enough to know however, that despite many of the religious factions across our world that are often the spawn of trouble for others, without some of these religions, life would for many of those followers would seem somewhat purposeless and without guidelines like in some cases, religious moral boundaries. This I believe would result in more volatility within some societies. Religion has saved many a crooked life.

Cheers Saint Pilbara

I think the poll would be more telling if you separated agnostics from atheists and defined practising/non-practising religious. I think you would find the majority of people in the non-practising and agnostic groups. This come from 2 aspects, the first being that since the 60s/70s society has become far less accepting of what they are told (from both government and religious leaders) and through this has begun to move away from organised religion. However the move to denounce the existence of God is difficult to make due to an upbringing which included religious faith. This doesn't include everyone, but I think many would identify with this trend.

I am an Athiest born and bred, but I don't look down on other people because of their beleifs. Religion is a way for some people to accept life and death.

I think the poll would be more telling if you separated agnostics from atheists and defined practising/non-practising religious. I think you would find the majority of people in the non-practising and agnostic groups. This come from 2 aspects, the first being that since the 60s/70s society has become far less accepting of what they are told (from both government and religious leaders) and through this has begun to move away from organised religion. However the move to denounce the existence of God is difficult to make due to an upbringing which included religious faith. This doesn't include everyone, but I think many would identify with this trend.

I agree with you Chimera. But instead of just 'practicing' and 'non-practicing' I would also now include:
'Practicing and believe in God'
'Practicing and do not believe in God'
'Non-practicing and believe in God'
'Non-practicing and do not believe in God'
After all, practicing is doing the activities of a religion not necessarily the belief in your religion.

For me, I believe in God just as much as I believe that Fairies may live down the bottom of the Garden. I cannot prove that fairies do or do not live in the bottom of the garden...same with God. So some would label me as an agnostic. Some as an atheist. Others as a aethiest with a small dose of agnostic. I think I am the later. Unfortunately, to define each persons religious/non-religious beliefs takes an awfull lot of different options as the individual varieties/beliefs are nearly endless.

yay no God

no religion for me either
but think theres something after death (i hope!!!:shock:)

As a Christian I find your comments hillarious. How can you expect to have something after death yet not practice faith before hand?

Meh. Each to their own.

I can't vote. I'm so not religious, I'm not even atheist. How about indifferent? That's how I'd vote.

Atheist is just a name that Christians use to classify me. Makes it sound like I actually practice something. Nope.

Atheist means 'lack of religion'...not that you practice anything.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
a·the·ist Audio Help /ˈeɪθiɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ey-thee-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

I am absolutely fascinated that in 3 pages of thread so far....we've only had two claiming to be religious (not talking about other types of spirituality) and most of the rest have been claims of no religion or 'other'.

Are people ashamed of their faith? :eek: :O
That's very sad if they are.

I've grown up being a Christian with a strong, religious upbringing and am glad that I was shown what its all about, and given the choice to do as I please. My family has taught me to also not pressure or judge other people and let them make their own choices. :)

They say the bible is the greatest story ever told and to be fair it started off pretty good with a nude chick and then there was this big snake which is real cool.
Then from memory there was two sons to Eve with one stabbing the other then ( although it doesn’t say this ) he must have had sex with his mother which was just too disturbed for uncle Pilbara to read any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back