Renting rant!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe that people in their 30's still think the world owes them a living. I wonder how long it will take you to leach the $250 000 from the same tax payers that pay for liver transplants. You to are are throwing mud in the faces of people that deserve better than you. Despicable

Fair enough you have those views about work/lifestyle etc, but that doesn't mean that the tax payer is responsible for you standard of living if you have the ability to provide it for yourself. I, as well as many others on this site and in the community have studied and worked incredibly hard to provide a lifestyle for ourselves and our families. I find it insulting that you take up this attitude and think it is your right for the tax system to support you.
I can also tell you for a fact that a lot of people who have no chance of providing for themselves or family's miss out on community housing because it simply isn't available. What a great country we could have if tax payers money was directed in the right area's instead of being wasted. Instead we'll keep working those 60 hour weeks to keep a few who don't want to be 'stressed' happy.

More on topic, i have never had an issue getting a rental property in both sydney and melbourne (city). Very lucky i guess, especially considering how tight it has been. About to buy a place, so renting will be a problem of the past!

Some of us prefer to have a life than spend all their waking hours working.

I work full-time in the corporate office of a great Australia-wide company which is family based and they treat us wonderfully, pay higher than award wages and I have a stress-free job. I know I have the ability to go out and get a higher paid job but I'd end up stressed and worn out from work each day and I don't think the extra money is worth it in the end.

So you could afford a normal rent !!

I beleive there are people that take advantage of the system, when there are others out there that are in need of a place.

You have had your help while you raised your son, now move over and let someone else get the benifit..

I was a single mum of 2 kids for 4 yrs only working part time (due to the kids) and lived on a part pension with NO RENT assistance, due to that it was my house. Funny thing is the mortgage (which is more than rent in my area) still had to be paid... without the extra help of rent assistance, it can be done...

I got there, i struggled, i provided, and my kids still had everything they needed and wanted for the most part.

Last edited:
I have been a single mother for the past 16 years but my son recently moved out into his own place and they just don't kick you out of your home when your kids move out. If I did go and pay private rent I'd be working just to pay for rent, food and electricity and I'd have nothing left each week so stuff that.

A lot of those so-called homeless people wouldn't be homeless if they didin't drink, take drugs or gamble.

Hate to tell you they do jewly. My work mate after paying maintenance for years for his 4 kids to his ex thought all his worries were over when his twins turned 18.........until he got a letter from the dept of housing saying "now you have no longer got to pay maintenance, youcan afford your own home.".. He was a breeder and has 4 more kids to another women, but the dept do not care. He was out in a month and no matter how much kicking and screaming he did.He is now paying 400 a week like everyone else..

I hate real estate rental agencies with a passion. I have done the right thing and bought and sold houses and had to rent while my new house was being built. I had 6 figures in my account to build a new home and they still treated me like a bum because i had never rented.
I felt really sory for all the young kids trying to start out having to deal with the @rseholes that find themselves wheeling a bit of power at the rental agency.

You have had your help while you raised your son, now move over and let someone else get the benifit.

Yeah, maybe I could afford to pay normal rent, but then I'd have no money left over to do anything and sorry, but I think I deserve a little happiness after struggling with no help for the past 17 years to raise my son.

I'd be stupid to move out of Dept of Housing and why should I? I've got every right to be here and their own rules state that I can stay here until my income reaches $80,000 and seeing as I don't even earn half of that, I think I'll be staying put!!

Last edited:
Hate to tell you they do jewly. My work mate after paying maintenance for years for his 4 kids to his ex thought all his worries were over when his twins turned 18.........until he got a letter from the dept of housing saying "now you have no longer got to pay maintenance, youcan afford your own home.".. He was a breeder and has 4 more kids to another women, but the dept do not care. He was out in a month and no matter how much kicking and screaming he did.He is now paying 400 a week like everyone else.

I know they bought in a policy a while back to move people out of larger homes when their kids moved out so your mate might have rented a house with a few rooms and with him being on his own, he probably is no longer eligible for such a large house. Plus his income might be a lot higher than mine. The dept has known that my son moved out in January and I've had no contact from them in regards to asking me move out and I only live in a two bedroom townhouse.

You have had your help while you raised your son, now move over and let someone else get the benifit. /QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe I could afford to pay normal rent, but then I'd have no money left over to do anything and sorry, but I think I deserve a little happiness after struggling with no help for the past 17 years to raise my son.

I'd be stupid to move out of Dept of Housing and why should I? I've got every right to be here and their own rules state that I can stay here until my income reaches $80,000 and seeing as I don't even earn half of that, I think I'll be staying put!!

just because the rules allow it doesn't make it morally right. There's a l;ot of people worse of than you that have made it on their own, and at the end of the day your child was your decision, the rest of the country shouldn't have to pay for the inconvenience and unhappiness you call motherhood

just because the rules allow it doesn't make it morally right. There's a l;ot of people worse of than you that have made it on their own, and at the end of the day your child was your decision, the rest of the country shouldn't have to pay for the inconvenience and unhappiness you call motherhood

Well believe me, I certainly don't lose any sleep over it and I have a little chuckle to myself when I see people who've looked down their nose at me over the years for being a single mum who are now struggling to pay their rent each week.

There might be a lot of people out there that are worse off than me, but I often find that those people find money to buy cigerettes, alcohol, drugs, and can afford to waste a lot of their money. All my money in the past went to raising my son and making sure he had everything and so what if now I've found myself in a good position. I'll defintely be staying here and enjoying the rest of my years.

At the end of the day nobody's objections on here is going to change Jewly's mind. She firmly believes that she has earned this special treatment (and apparently government help is not counted in her lone struggle to raise her son for 17 years??).

Hopefully the housing commission wakes up to people like her and kicks them out in to the real world.

Well believe me, I certainly don't lose any sleep over it and I have a little chuckle to myself when I see people who've looked down their nose at me over the years for being a single mum who are now struggling to pay their rent each week.

There might be a lot of people out there that are worse off than me, but I often find that those people find money to buy cigerettes, alcohol, drugs, and can afford to waste a lot of their money. All my money in the past went to raising my son and making sure he had everything and so what if now I've found myself in a good position. I'll defintely be staying here and enjoying the rest of my years.

At least they are doing it for themselves, and if lumping all the real strugglers in to the same basket eases your conscience then so be it but maybe you shouldn't critisize others for leaching of the taxpayers purse. Hope your enjoying my house while I sit back in my other with the satisfaction of knowing I pay my own way.

God, you all sound so jealous...lol

I guess none of you who are knocking me have ever taken any money from the government then. But if you have, that just makes you a bunch of hypocrites. I might have taken money from the government but I've done a lot to give back to, such as volunteering at Nursing Homes, giving blood and being a member of the SES for years so yeah, I do feel I deserve a break now and then and nothing any of you say will change that.

I'm certainly not jealous. I have morals and values......and a mortgage. And I'm teaching our kids the same values. If you want something, you work hard and you earn it.

Accepting help when we need it is not hypocritical, if we were to continue taking advantage then yes. My mum always said to me if your going to volunteer your help you should not expect anything in return as they are often in less fortunate circumstances than you. Yet obviously this is just another attempt to justify your actions

Nice to know the government is substituting your reptile hobby by allowing you cheap housing commision.

We all deserve happiness and some me time and me money...

Some of us work hard to acheive that.

Really gets up my nose to see brand new cars sitting in driveways of people in housing commision houses too, if they can afford that new 30k car sitting in their drive they can afford to be kicked out and pay normal rent elsewhere....

Jewly you feel as if you deserve the right, im sure the mother sitting down the shelter with her 2 kids feels she does too.....

And your allowed to earn up to 80k before your kicked out, omg there is a lot of us surviving on less than half that amount paying full mortgages....

God, you all sound so jealous...lol

I guess none of you who are knocking me have ever taken any money from the government then. But if you have, that just makes you a bunch of hypocrites. I might have taken money from the government but I've done a lot to give back to, such as volunteering at Nursing Homes, giving blood and being a member of the SES for years so yeah, I do feel I deserve a break now and then and nothing any of you say will change that.

Wow Australian of the year material
:lol:

Nice to know the government is substituting your reptile hobby by allowing you cheap housing commision.

We all deserve happiness and some me time and me money...

Some of us work hard to acheive that.

Really gets up my nose to see brand new cars sitting in driveways of people in housing commision houses too, if they can afford that new 30k car sitting in their drive they can afford to be kicked out and pay normal rent elsewhere....

Jewly you feel as if you deserve the right, im sure the mother sitting down the shelter with her 2 kids feels she does too.....

And your allowed to earn up to 80k before your kicked out, omg there is a lot of us surviving on less than half that amount paying full mortgages....

Heaven forbid that I'm allowed a frigging hobby. I don't drink, smoke, gamble, take drugs or go out very much so if I want to spend my money on reptiles, I will and the government nor you has any say in it.

Oh and that mother down at the shelter has the same right as me, to apply for a house/unit and get one.

I've raised my son for 17 years on my own and the government allowed my son's father to get away with paying on average $5 a week child support when he was earning a large income, so as far as I'm concerned they can now pay to subsidise my rent for the rest of my life.

Does everyone see the irony here?

I certainly don't, so why don't you point in out to me.

The Child Support Agency protected my son's father's rights instead of looking after my son. If they had made him pay child support, maybe I wouldn't have needed to take government support in the first place.

Heaven forbid that I'm allowed a frigging hobby. I don't drink, smoke, gamble, take drugs or go out very much so if I want to spend my money on reptiles, I will and the government nor you has any say in it.

Oh and that mother down at the shelter has the same right as me, to apply for a house/unit and get one.

If you can afford an expensive hobby you can afford private rent, that was my point !

And that mother down the shelter is probably on the 5 year waiting list, because of people like you who now really dont need to be using up the government houses....

I certainly don't, so why don't you point in out to me.

The Child Support Agency protected my son's father's rights instead of looking after my son. If they had made him pay child support, maybe I wouldn't have needed to take government support in the first place.

So your son is grown up and moved out now ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back