Replacing glass in cube enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

porkosta

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has ever replaced glass in exo-terra cube enclosures?
My hatchie enclosure just arrived but one of the side glass panels was broken in transit. Has anyone ever replaced the glass in on of those? This is a 45cm x 45cm x 45cm cube.
I am just wondering if it would be easier to have the glass replaced instead of having the unit sent back just to have it replaced with another one that could also be possibly damaged in transit as well....

Anyone had any similar issues like this?

Thanks,
Andy

Not a exo terra one but I have replaced broken glass sections in other types of enclosures.
Do it yourself.
You will need a razor blade or a sharp retractable stanley knife and some steady hands. Then silicone for the replacement piece.

Get the exact measurement for the replacement piece required and same thickness. Some glaziers can and will be out by 2mm and this seems to be expected from some of my experience.
Otherwise send it the unit back, but will the business you bought it off claim responsibility, (quickest and best option) or make you claim the damages against the courier company?(assuming it is).

i'd send the unit back. not saying you couldnt do it but for one you shouldt have to. also it would be less hassle to get it replaced.

Thanks guys,

The seller will not take responsibility as the unit was intact when it left the warehouse. I have put a claim in with the courier company but who know how long that will take.
Sucks because this was meant to be an upgrade tanks for any hatchies that I breed, wanted something nicer to look at than some plastic tub with lights hanging off it...

I might have to just wait for the courier to get back to me but I will get a quote on getting the glass replaced in the meantime if it works out to be easier and faster.

Also can anyone recommend any glass glaziers in the Illawarra Area (Kiama - Wollongong) that will cut and supply glass to size at a decent price?

Last edited:
Was it packed properly? The freight company has to take reasonable care but the sender also has a liability to send items in a way that will prevent damage. I work for a freight company that handles tens of thousands of parcels a day and that is just in Brisbane so as you can imagine occasional damage does happen. Good Luck.

if you decide to do the glass yourself i have found that places that build fish tanks or similiar are actually more helpful. They cut with awesome accuracy and usually are much cheaper:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back