Restricted Reptile License

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebbie0983

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I currently own two emydura subglobosa turtles or painted turtles and am trying to upgrade my recreational license to a restricted license so I can add one more to my collection and hopefully breed these cool things one day. I sent a request to EPA and finally they've replied with this:
Hi to upgrade you licence to include a Restricted Endorsement you will need the following:

A Letter stating your full name, Licence number and address.

A cheque or money order for $167.00 and also at least 2 of the following:
  1. A reference from a former or current employer who keeps these animals and has held a licence for an extended period of time
  2. References from 2 herpetologists
  3. A certificate stating you have successfully completed a course in handling these animals
  4. Photocopies of papers of journals that you have written
  5. You have held a Damage Mitigation Permit for at least 12 months
The only way I can see to obtain this is to get the two references and write a small paper on these turtles, although I'm not part of any club and the breeder I purchased these off I'm not in contact with so It'll be difficult to get these references. Could anyone please offer a suggestion to me regarding this, possibly someone who has been through this before, thanks :)

you ask for us to help but who are you no name at the bottom of your post and no idea of what area your from
.i have had to go through it its not that hard
Mick

new license

l agree with mickousley..........not much to go on.....not a even a state......cheers westernrocky

Isn't the Epa only in Qld? Other states go by different acronymes?

Why should it matter if this person signs their post with their name? A name doesn't have anything to do with information leading to a higher licence.

His/her post was a lot more litterate than the following two.

Sorry I can't help you sebbie, I too am interested into a class 2 licence.

Yep the poster has to be in Qld... As I just sent away for exactly the same license today... The only thing I can suggest you do is to obtain two references from people you know that can attest to your reptile knowledge (preferably get them from keepers who keep restricted animals) & then maybe you could volunteer for a few days at a pet store near you that has reptiles - they may be able to write you a further reference as a former employer... I don't think the EPA is overly picky as long as they get their $167.00 :)

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks guys, my name's Dave and I live on the Gold Coast in QLD. The two turtles I've got are the awesome ones as my avatar, I've actually posted out requests for volunteer work at wildlife parks but thats because I'd like to work with animals as a career hopefully, but thats a great idea Chanty, thanks.

I've been meaning to send some posts of the turtles and their enclosure but I've misplaced my digi camera ;), hopefully I can post some up soon, cheers

Why should it matter if this person signs their post with their name? A name doesn't have anything to do with information leading to a higher licence.

Hi Dodie,

You can't offer a reference to someone if you don't even know their real name. If you have sold this person something in the past and have a licence with endorsements to keep restricted reptiles, then you may be able to write them a reference stating that you have known this person for X amount of years as you sold them a reptile x months or years ago and are happy with their general keeping and husbandry techniques.

BTW Chanty 79, great suggestion about volunteering at a Petshop for a few days!

Cheers,

Craig

it dosnt hurt to do, unless you have something to hide , and it helps to know who your going to try and help
mick

Well there is some of my information in my last post, if there is anything you want to ask go for it as I have nothing to hide, although I can't think of anything else you might want me to add, thanks for everyone's help, cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back