Retes stack diy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0nick

Reaction score
Hi all Hayden here just thought I'd make a quick diy thread on my retes stack i knocked up today to help out some folks lol

012a83eb-42b7-6fec.jpg

Well first up I found a piece of hardwood today at work that was about 400mm thick that I split down to around 5-6mm lengthes of about 1200long using a bandsaw and I left the pieces unsanded to give a more natual look to my stack,
I then cut down to 35cm long and around 150mm wide planks,

After this I cut some pine spacers that were 8-10mm thick and attached these to the hardwood pieces using liquid nails and put a water container on top for a few hours to hold it together. This stack is for my 4x2x2 ackie enclosure that I am going to put on a shelf with a hollow log on an angle for access I will post pics after moving but these are all the pics for now and sorry for the quality from an iPhone
012a83eb-4640-6c6e.jpg

Oh I forgot the top two layers have been holesawed through the centre to allow heat to pass through and Also all levels are drilled around ten times in random spots.
012a83eb-4718-761f.jpg

Side pic of stack the gaps are just big enough for my ackies to squeeze in and should last for a while.
I think using hardwood looks alot better then thin ply wood .
Hope this helps someone.

Na just perfect fit they ate only juvies thanks

not a bad system.....access to specimens might be a little difficult.......rather than liquid nails you can use 4 pins through both the spacers and wood and put a locking nut down to prevent lifting of the layers. This allows for easier cleaning, specimen access and replacement of shelves as required.

Cheers,
Scott

not a bad system.....access to specimens might be a little difficult.......rather than liquid nails you can use 4 pins through both the spacers and wood and put a locking nut down to prevent lifting of the layers. This allows for easier cleaning, specimen access and replacement of shelves as required.

Cheers,
Scott

Hey eipper I didn't think about that but I did buy my ackies to be a look but don't touch pet so that will be fine and I'm pretty sure I have an endless supply of hardwood pieces so cleaning should be to bad I hope lol thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back