Reticulated pythons eating People Pictures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
appears real going by the final pic with the retic? in the process of eating, The rest have been in circulation for some time (bulging retic roped up in ute) and are thought to be just a pig it ate, I havent come across the final pic along with rest before, im thinking some fanciful web editing going on. Id like to think the last pic is posed with dead retic (rather than the poor bloke was actually killed) but I fail to see why anyone would do that. Eww!

Still got my morbid curiosity going,pretty ferral looking hey, the thought did cross my mind to use the picture as an avatar but thought it could be deemed as being in bad taste.

Just to add my 2 cents worth:

The third photo (listed in Angel's post as Snake3.jpg) I first saw 15 or 20 years ago, in the Reptile House at Taronga Zoo - in a calendar, if I remember rightly. Comments in the article on the webpage suggested that those two pics were more recent and that a search of the internet revealed that no news service carried the story. That's 'coz there was no internet news service back then.

:p

Hix

Im sure the ones in the ute are just a wild pig, but whats your take on the others Hix?

I'm inclined to think they're for real. Don't know about the last one, haven't seen it before.

:p

Hix

lol, if they're not for real, that guy would have wanted a bit of money for sticking his head up inside a dead retic.. ewwwwww

Not sure if they are real or not, all I know is the people in east timor are pretty scared of them, I suppose for a good reason. I sure as hell wouldn't want one latching on to me while I slept. They had some at a place called pulada in malaysia I think or It could have been thailand at the school of survival, I suppose they would have been about 5 or 6 meters long. they threw these two big geese looking things in there and I dont think they really even had to try to eat them. they made pretty light work of it.

Been looking for the website but I haven't been able to find it yet. The pics of the kid in the snake and the snake swallowing the guy are b.s. . It was an urban legends site that debunked the pics. Retics don't eat people that often.

Im curious, how there bs , how were the debunked exactly? :?

I would imagine that they perhaps eat people more often than we would think. A lot of the places that they occur in are very isolated and I would be surprised if word of such an incident would get out. A lot of the huts people live in, southeast asia particularly in the isolated regions have open windows with no screen, nothing, and I would imagine that a large reticulated python would make light work of a baby or toddler sleeping in a crib. God, I don't have any kids yet but what a horrible thing to happen to a parent, I don't even want to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back