Reverse bodyclock thicktail gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matyb

Reaction score
I set up a thicktail enclosure 5 days ago with a new male and female and while the male is displaying all normal behaviours (sleeping all day and running around like a maniac at night) my female has a reverse body clock where she is staying in her hide all night and coming out in the morning and remaining rather docile with very little movement. She is eating but only very little while the male is chowing down hardcore and ripping through the night. I thought that maybe it was because of the relocation and she was just a little stressed but she just doesn't seem to be settling down

Or add more hides so she can feel safe without being cuddled up to him if you have no more tubs for now.

All good now, I think she just had some pre honeymoon jitters cause she has really settled down and is quite buddy buddy with the male. They are running around together and sharing the same hides so all seems good for now. Body clock all back to normal, Thanks Heaps guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back